ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note "Depot New Registrations Temporarily Suspended" Please see discussions for how to register.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: 3TM Patches  (Read 48611 times)

Systematic Chaos

• Administrator
  • Blood type: Becks Positive
Re: 3TM Patches
« Reply #60 on: Time Format »

At that speed, delay I'd go half that (ish) ~174 ms left and 348 ms right, hey try both and whatever in between, it helps (allot) if it's a product/ratio of the song's speed. Although with just one guitar, you can get away with bigger delays, with 2 guitars it becomes more difficult (so shorter works better IMO) but do you want echo ? (in which case SC's numbers would maybe be better) or are you just building a tone ?? (which can be a complex beast LoL)

That's interesting... I always use the 250ms/500ms one on my Leads for faster stuff as the 250ms is the "main" and the 500ms just enhances the stereo image.
For all slower melodic Leads I genrelly use 350ms/700ms or 400ms/800ms

These settings go back to 94/95 when I played in a prog-metal band with one guitar plus a keyboard.
I nevertheless used/use the same setting today in a 2 guitar band setup with the other guitar player going mono and me going stereo....works like a charm
« Last Edit: Time Format by Systematic Chaos »

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook
« Reply #61 on: Time Format »

Hey RG (actually some debate as to whether I can even play now) your doing pretty well IMO (for what it's worth LoL)  :thumb-up:

its worth a lot actually so thanks Richard.  I'm a player who always has doubts about my own ability.  I sort of use that to try harder and get better.  Bad days are bad days though and some days it sounds like I dunno what a guitar is.  Starting to realise warming up is advisable particularly if you have a circulatory condition like I do and hands are always cold.  f**king nightmare.

Anyways off topic as usual,  clips are just for fun, messing about letting you guys hear.  Might do a clip with the delay now.
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #62 on: Time Format »

At that speed, delay I'd go half that (ish) ~174 ms left and 348 ms right, hey try both and whatever in between, it helps (allot) if it's a product/ratio of the song's speed. Although with just one guitar, you can get away with bigger delays, with 2 guitars it becomes more difficult (so shorter works better IMO) but do you want echo ? (in which case SC's numbers would maybe be better) or are you just building a tone ?? (which can be a complex beast LoL)

That's interesting... I always use the 250ms/500ms one on my Leads for faster stuff as the 250ms is the "main" and the 500ms just enhances the stereo image.
For all slower melodic Leads I genrelly use 350ms/700ms or 400ms/800ms

These settings go back to 94/95 when I played in a prog-metal band with one guitar plus a keyboard.
I nevertheless used/use the same setting today in a 2 guitar band setup with the other guitar player going mono and me going stereo....works like a charm

I only ever used delay in a solo once and I'm pretty sure I just winged it, and it worked ok.  No clue what the time was.  I use it for an intro at the moment where I play picked arpeggios (not sweeped) and the delay is set to repeat like the last few notes of each arpeggio between pauses.  I did it for a recording then used some math to work out what it was on my FX delay on the live setup.

For reverb delays I usually run between 0.6ms to like 1.7ms  depending on the song. I don't usually bother with predelay because the times I use are so short you never get to hear much of the pre-delay effect. I have a highish mix as well so it's there but it doesn't sound like I'm in a hall know what I mean?  Just for ambience really or a room sound in a fairly dead sounding room.

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #63 on: Time Format »

I used to use 250/500ms and I had one patch that had a longer delay for lead. Writing down my Quadverb patches recently for someone here I discovered the delay was shorter and I had a chamber reverb (I don't remember making that patch BTW  :facepalm: ). But it works really well just on every patch (that doesn't need anything else) mixed in subtly.

Front house Vox delay I tend to start with 250/500.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #64 on: Time Format »

ok took me a while to get a delay I liked

385ms was what I used,  had a good many repeats in there with the feedback parameter. It was tricky to get this sounding like I played it clean. I play all the strings open with no palm muting at all so I had to watch out for the strings blurring into one another and becoming even more mushy with the delay.  This clip is ok though for me.  Same patch, same strings, same speaker impulse as before just with delay this time.

Systematic Chaos

• Administrator
« Reply #65 on: Time Format »

Getting there! .... A tad bit less Dly in the mix and not as many repeats/regen/...

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #66 on: Time Format »

ok two takes of improved delay

dialled the mix of delay down from 45% to 38%

dialled feedback back from 25 from to 16 (out of a scale of 100)

take 1

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #67 on: Time Format »

Take 2

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #68 on: Time Format »

and another version but with Tap Delay (more stereo  :thumb-up: )

Systematic Chaos

• Administrator
« Reply #69 on: Time Format »

Sounds good....although the Dly still has too much of a Reverb kinda thing going (for my tastes)...
I´d back off the Dly-mix to 25-30% (maybe 300ms for faster soloing stuff; and another preset with the same settings but 400ms for slower melodic solos) ...YMMV...

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #70 on: Time Format »

Sounds good....although the Dly still has too much of a Reverb kinda thing going (for my tastes)...
I´d back off the Dly-mix to 25-30% (maybe 300ms for faster soloing stuff; and another preset with the same settings but 400ms for slower melodic solos) ...YMMV...

I timed that delay to the speed at which I played that so 385 seemed the best.  There is reverb on there, that's what you hear.  Just the subtle one I always use.  I did try it off but sounded to "dry" for me.  It would probabably have been easier to play had I turned the reverb off.  I know exactly what you about it.  Might be adding a little cloudeyness in there.  Oh well not trying to crack anything here just messing around.  It was good fun messing with the delay's, felt like I learnt a lot actualy about the delay module of my FX unit.  It's nice if I dial the hi cut down a little, gives an analogue delay sound.  The tap delay allows one channel to be a percentage of the initial delay channel and then with the direct sound it sounds like 3 different times going at once.  Have a few songs in mind where some delay might be nice on the solo.  I do love effects  :)

Damn-Danny

• be yourself , never copy someone else!!!!
« Reply #71 on: Time Format »

you can let the 3TM more sound like thrashy like Exodus etc.
In front of 3tm I got a Pro Tone JGary Holt Midbooster and aPro Tone Jeff Loomis Signature Overdrive.
After the 3Tm come a Rane MPE 28
Ormsby Hyper GTR 6 string
Ormsby RC One   6 Orange Marbles
SKG    Anubis (halve step down)
Bo-el   MC 6
Robin guitar  Raider USA (D Standard)
ADA 3TM mp1
ADA Ampulator
ADA GCS 6
Ada mp2  (working now)
Yerasove Detonator - P (for sale)
Yamaha SPX 900