ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note "Depot New Registrations Temporarily Suspended" Please see discussions for how to register.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: V2.00 v2.01  (Read 4808 times)

vmaxvmax

V2.00 v2.01
« on: Time Format »

Hi,

I have had my MP1 V2.00 since new. I have never had any problems with it despite gigging it well over a thousand times!

Oh, I did have to replace the rear sockets. Their Bakelite (?) construction had started to break down.

A credit to the design and build quality.

I have made the big noise mod from mjmp - well worth it.

I have recently fallen back in love with it and started to use it again.

My question, can anybody tell me exactly what the difference is between V2.00 and V2.01?

I have no,problems with midi implementation and can dump and load etc.

Thanks in advance...

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
Re: V2.00 v2.01
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Others will know this better so I'll leave it to them as I moved on to MP2 many years ago.  However, I can vouch for the MDRT transformer mod.  I was very surprised how much difference it makes  >:D when MikeB did his recently.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

vmaxvmax

« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

I am intrigued,  but I was not completely convinced by the sound files. I know MikeB recorded them somewhat roughly but the upgraded transformer seemed to have a bit more treble and this seems to affect the top end of the distortion quite drastically.

I like the idea of 12 v getting to the heaters and the increased anode voltage - though that can reduce distortion as well as increase headroom. Listening to MikeB's recordings made me wonder if it also made the MP! a bit more brittle.

I quite like the sound of my MP1, though if an upgraded transformer would give more 'body' I'd be interested.

I suppose the other issue with the psu is brown out - I have done a few outdoor gigs and if the generator supply drops below say around 180 volts, the MP1 shuts down... Now if that area could be made more reliable I would definitely be interested!  :thumb-up:

Perhaps someone here has sussed that problem and engineered a solution...

GuitarBuilder

« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

I am intrigued,  but I was not completely convinced by the sound files. I know MikeB recorded them somewhat roughly but the upgraded transformer seemed to have a bit more treble and this seems to affect the top end of the distortion quite drastically.

I like the idea of 12 v getting to the heaters and the increased anode voltage - though that can reduce distortion as well as increase headroom. Listening to MikeB's recordings made me wonder if it also made the MP! a bit more brittle.

I quite like the sound of my MP1, though if an upgraded transformer would give more 'body' I'd be interested.

I suppose the other issue with the psu is brown out - I have done a few outdoor gigs and if the generator supply drops below say around 180 volts, the MP1 shuts down... Now if that area could be made more reliable I would definitely be interested!  :thumb-up:

Perhaps someone here has sussed that problem and engineered a solution...

I suggest you try using a UPS for those situations.
ADA and Rockman Heads
Marshall amps
Strats and Les Pauls

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

Hey Vmaxvmax,

I use a Furman PL-8 Plus in my MP-1 rack which will help with the brown-outs. It's never really been an issue for me.
I only have two brain cells left, ...and I'm saving them for the weekend!

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

I've done allot of generator playing in recent years, my MP2 isn't fond of them  :facepalm: so I bought a 1KVA UPS and now use it routinely with generators.  It cost me $160 AUD IIRC and does the job fine  :thumb-up:

What I found with Mikes MP-1 (which was originally my MP-1 for many years/gigs) was it sounded much more open (less muddy/woolly kind of).  And I was surprised at how much difference the MDRT made.  This is just based on listening to it at my place when we jam each week, I only listened to the clips he made once when he first posted them.

I hear what you say about brittle, you need to tweak your patches a bit after the upgrade as the MP1 sound stage increases and you don't need as much tops/presence.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

MikeB

« Reply #6 on: Time Format »

The mdrt changed the amp enough that I re programmed my patches from scratch. My eq is much flatter now than it used to be.
I don't feel tardy!
Pages: [1]   Go Up