• Welcome to ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear.

Mp1 chorus trim pot

Started by gb, August 10, 2019, 02:59:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gb

Hi All.

Hows things??..long time.. Im back on the Mp1 bandwagon after seeing some recent MP1 demos pop up.. I pulled out my mp1 and noticed it had no chorus. After google research i saw a YouTube with a faulty trim pot. I looked inside and gave it a tap and nothing. I know you are not supposed to touch it but its not working. I found adjusting it to a certain spot engaged the chorus (around 11 oclock)..anything outside of that there was nothing.

Is that normal.  Reason why i ask is another mp1 unit i have seems to have a bit better chorus on same setting so im wondering if there is an issue with my main mp1.

Anyway good to be back.

I still have the 3tm kit from MJMP from about 3 or so years ago. I think ill only use the noise mod portion of this and update my mp1. Its a bit noisey. But before i do that to my main unit i want to make sure theres no underlining issue with chorus.

MarshallJMP

The 11 o'clock setting is correct. This pot adjusts the bias of the BBD chip. It has to be set correct. And usually with MP-1 it's around this setting.

There can be some differences in the chorus sounds. I had MP-1's with amazing chorus sounds and some were "dull" sounding.

gb

Ok good to know thank you. I have another question but ill start a new thread

gb

Factory patch 9... clean chorus.. just makes me play DreamWarriors  intro over and over.. in stereo to 2 quadboxes just sounds fantastic. The ada mp1 will always be my core unit. Its the sound of the 80s where i belong