ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note "Depot New Registrations Temporarily Suspended" Please see discussions for how to register.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Downsizing...  (Read 17287 times)

GuitarBuilder

Re: Downsizing...
« Reply #30 on: Time Format »

Konnichiwa, SC-san!

I admire your courage - have a great time in Japan.  If you ever need an awesome scratch-built 59 LP, let me know - there's a luthier in Japan who does stunning work.

I think you made the only logical choice and are going to be very happy with it.  My suggestion is to keep an eye on a used MFC-101 or RJM MasterMind GT-16 on eBay.  The Roland is very good, but these will create the ultimate setup for you.  Enjoy!
ADA and Rockman Heads
Marshall amps
Strats and Les Pauls

DesmoBob

« Reply #31 on: Time Format »

Coincidence, I'm downsizing in the same way with an Axe FX II XL+ rig. But... I'm also keeping my MP-1 in a separate rig. I can't see myself selling it!

Originally I put the MP-1 in the FX loop of the Axe Fx, so I could call up the MP-1 like an amp block in the signal chain. But eventually I got to the point where I was creating presets that didn't even use the MP-1. Thus it no longer made sense to me to keep the MP-1 in that rig, so I returned the MP-1 to its own rig, and built a separate rig around the Axe Fx.

The Axe Fx rig was to be my live rig (FRFR) because it's lighter, and broken down into smaller units. MUCH easier to transport, and I'm not getting younger. Unfortunately, the band has entered a state of indefinite hiatus, so no gigging for the foreseeable future, the irony! Hah!

But I'm still keeping my MP-1 rig. The rack weighs as much as a car, the cab is bulky, the pedalboard is heavy. But I still like it!! It even has new tubes.

BTW another coincidence, I'm also going to Japan! Err, not a move though, just vacation.

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook
« Reply #32 on: Time Format »

I can see MJMP gettin an Axe FX next  :lol:

Hey DesmoBob, doesn't Axefx do an MP1 profile?  I thought I read somewhere online that it did?

Anyone know the difference between Axe Fx 1 and Axe Fx 2?

and is a kempler the same thing?

"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #33 on: Time Format »

Mmmm don't think so  :nono: :lol:

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #34 on: Time Format »

Mmmm don't think so  :nono: :lol:

hahahhahaa was just testing you.  Quite a few are jumping ship though.

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #35 on: Time Format »

Well it would be a good solution for you  :dunno:

Systematic Chaos

• Administrator
  • Blood type: Becks Positive
« Reply #36 on: Time Format »

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #37 on: Time Format »

Well it would be a good solution for you  :dunno:
No not interested lol  I wouldn't bother getting all these preamps and mods and shit if I was just going to dump them for a modeller.  It's much more fun this way.  And it really adds to my unique way of doing things certainly in the UK anyways.  When I bump into another guy with an MP1 at one of our gigs I'll let you guys know  :thumb-up:

You mean good as I could travel with it right?  Och no, it's not for me, I love my preamps now, it always takes time though for me to get familiar with new things.

But anyone else going the Axe FX route well it's up to them, I'm not going to knock it.

Samuraipanda

« Reply #38 on: Time Format »

Hey Chaos.... a lot of Fractal users are using the SKB100 rack/pedalboard case for their rigs. I have one sitting around the studio right now if you were interested. 3 rack spaces and pedal board in one unit.

DesmoBob

« Reply #39 on: Time Format »

Hey DesmoBob, doesn't Axefx do an MP1 profile?  I thought I read somewhere online that it did?

Anyone know the difference between Axe Fx 1 and Axe Fx 2?

and is a kempler the same thing?

It doesn't have a specific MP-1 model, but you can get close by tweaking some other models. One guy even tone-matched his 3TM MP-1 into a profile. Every now and then people suggest the MP-1 as a model, but I think the hard part is the creator getting his hands on a functional, unmodded unit plus schematics. [edit: correction, the guy tone matched a 3.666, not 3TM]

The Kemper is more of a point & shoot type of modeler. It's based on sonic "snapshots" of amps, and you tweak them to your taste. For a lot of people, this is the way to go because there's less fuss, and it's easy to use, but at the expense of authenticity and customization. The Axe Fx virtually recreates the real circuitry within the amps, so the models actually behave like real tube amps, with almost infinite tweakability, but with the expense of a steep learning curve.

Even if they do get an MP-1 model in there, I'm still keeping my real thing.  O0
« Last Edit: Time Format by DesmoBob »
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up