ADA Power Amps > Microfet

Microfet 100

<< < (2/8) > >>

Dante:
I agree, I did like my MT100, but it kept crapping out on me. Usually, as you say, one channel.

I hooked up the MicroFet already, it was super easy. It will not work in bridged mono or chB, only chA. I just discovered that my MT200 will also not work in bridged mono. :/

At any rate, the MicroFet seems wimpy at first, but watch out, it gets loud. 12:00 on the MicroFet is is like 10:00 on the MT200, but it ramps up quickly after that. It's thinner sounding, almost transparent like a Fender amp, without the bottom warmth but very much putting out what is put into it. To my ears, the MT200 seems to color the tone a bit - warmer. fatter. better. spongy tube compression.

It's very similar to my new SS combo amp, thin. I think (like my combo amp) it would pair fine with an MP-2, because the MP-2 is so forgiving. It can compensate for a bad power amp (IMHO) and still sound good - good enough for who it's for. Not that the lil' Marsha is a bad power amp, it's just not as warm sounding as my Boogie toob amp was....but it cuts through the mix

Harley Hexxe:
Dante,

None of the SS poweramps will bridge, not even the B200S. The Microtubes are the only ones that will do this. I seem to have gotten the opposite impression though, (MT 100 sounded warmer), in bridged mode with the stock tubes in it. The only way I was able to warm up the MT 200 was to use some high gain tubes in it that I would never use in the preamps, like the used Fender 12AX7's I put in one of mine, or some Sovteks that are similar, and dialing the Presence knob to about 10-11 O'clock.
    The B200S still warms up the preamp output better than either of them, and it's quieter.

Your MT 200 should work in mono bridged mode. There might be a connection fault somewhere in the amp preventing this.

MarshallJMP:
I think a lot of problems are comming from the jacks.Some are special with one or 2 switches that act as senses for the bridge mode.(the mone bridge output jack and the mono in jack)

Harley Hexxe:
I didn't know about that, but that would explain it :thumb-up:

MarshallJMP:
I did found all the types except for one,the bridge out jack.Still looking.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version