ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need a Schematic? Check the Vault *MP-1 Classic Schematics Just Added!!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: B200s vs TS100 vs DCM200L  (Read 5519 times)

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
B200s vs TS100 vs DCM200L
« on: Time Format »

Tonight I fell in love with my trusty B200s yet again. For the past couple of years I've been using a Carvin TS100 (all tube) amp (my B200s had started to fart.. after thousands of gigs, so I needed an amp and bought the TS100, very nice amp BTW). Eventually (on MJMPs advice  :bow: ) I re-flowed the B200s (and  :whoohoo!: , all good again). And more recently I bought a Carvin DCM200L (also very nice amp) and have been using it in my hybrid MP2/MB1 rack rig (hey it's so light and 1 RU etc.).

Well tonight, I used the B200s, for the first time in quite a while, and the first time into my new(ish) Mesa P112 bass cabs.  Well f*ck me if it didn't blow me away, it just sounded so good (it also seemed to help changing the P112 crossover switch to 4K Sheen setting, seems my territory).

So I played my Epiphone SG with 57 re-issue PUs > Mp2 (and ran up some patches just for it) (cab sim outs) > desk (mixed in mild TC MOne del/rev) > B200s > Mesa cabs (nice  :metal: ). Then played some bass (Alembic SCBrown > MB1 > Desk etc. (same set up)) also awesome!!

Tentative conclusions re power amps... if you can get your hands on a decent B200s, then do yourself a favour  :thumb-up: . I really like the TS100 and the DCM200L they are both great amps, but the B200s is, IMHO, the best.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
Re: B200s vs TS100 vs DCM200L
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Damn, now I feel the urge to hook up my B200S again  :lol:

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

Hey Richard,

I'm not surprised you came to that conclusion with the B200S. It's really one of the only SS power amps for guitar that I would feel confident putting up against any tube amp with my rig. The only downside in my case is that rack space is at a premium for me and that's the reason I like the Microtubes. They give me the power, but they are noisey compared to the B200S. There is one other thing, and that is the B200S is EQ'ed to the guitar, and really gives my tone a lot of warmth and balls.

You know, lately, I've been checking out a lot of the boutique amps that are on the market these days, ( Metropoulos, Friedman etc.), and I've noticed they are all recreations of the Marshall Plexi, with different variations added to them. I listen to the demos of these amps and each time, I come to the same conclusion; I can reproduce every one of those tones with my Classic, and a decent power amp, The B200S is the first one that comes to mind.

Enjoy your reunion :thumb-up:

Harley 8)
I only have two brain cells left, ...and I'm saving them for the weekend!

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

Shaddup Richard  ;)

I wish I had another one....sigh.....someday

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

Shaddup Richard  ;)

I wish I had another one....sigh.....someday

:lol:
I only have two brain cells left, ...and I'm saving them for the weekend!
Pages: [1]   Go Up