ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need a Schematic? Check the Vault *MP-1 Classic Schematics Just Added!!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Awful Guitar tones  (Read 2516 times)

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook
Awful Guitar tones
« on: Time Format »

Stick your awful guitar tone videos hear please.

I went on youtube looking for some reviews of the Dimarzio X2N pickup and found some truly awful guitar tones.  Some good playing but awful f**king tones. 

Is it just me?

My first offering, jesus this is absolute garbage

Thankfully I know the pickup will sound better than this

I know it's perhaps how this one was recorded but hey I don't care, sounds terrible to me

Some ok clean stuff and light driven tones here then hell on earth ear splitting yuk with the heavier gain, holy  :poop:

Some of this sounds ok but then some of it doesn't, I'm not entirely sure if the guy is pulling of what he is playing or not, someone else can tell me if he is or not.  Perhaps the actual tones are ok and it's just his playing.

I don't profess to have the worlds best tone or anything but man some of these videos are unbelievable.

Some of this sounds ok and then the rest sounds like when my toilet flushes and some emo kid gets flushed down the u bend

More fizz in this than a can of coke.

Now all my vids are with the X2N pup, this is just because I was looking for vids of it particularly, don't be afraid to stick in posts of whatever tones you deem truly awful  :lol:  This is just for fun fokes because it's Sunday and everyone needs cheering up.  :thumb-up:

Here is an X2N sounding good. 

Sure Motorhead are unique, I know that  ;)  I was in their fan club for Christ sake  :lol:
« Last Edit: Time Format by Dante »
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010
Pages: [1]   Go Up