Non ADA Gear > Speakers & Cabinets

Which cabinets do you use?

(1/12) > >>

Ibanez RG:
I just bought new Behringer Ultrastack BG 412S 400 watt (maybe Jensen speakers?) for 225 eur and seems very nice sounding to me, very broad and deep soundstage structure; just right for my death metal taste :) I have Randall 412 with Celestion Seventy 80 speakers too.

Dante:
I always liked the design of those cabs - the top two speakers panned out about 30 degrees, while the bottom two point straight out. They're heavy as hell too.

I did try one out a little while ago, but resisted buying it. There was no negligible difference between the 4x12 and my two 1x12 cabs, so I kept the smaller of the two.

Nice cab you got there, let us know how you like it

kawai2g4b:
I run a two cab setup.  One is an Egnater Tourmaster 2X12 kept open back and the other is a vintage Acoustic 466 2/12 slant closed back.  Luckily the setup sounds great because I stumbled into both of them at cheap prices.  Also gives me a nice blend to fill out my sound a bit at both ends of the spectrum. 

I have a Red Star Audio Blackjack 4X12 cabinet that I pair with my rack.  They aren't made any more but this is a very deep and clear cabinet.  I use a lot of deep, throbbing modulation and this cab will not fart out.

Rodney_g:
I use the ADA SplitStack 2x12 cabs loaded with WGS speakers. Veteran 30's up top and ET-65s in the bottom. I like the added depth of the cabs... they provide quite a bit more woof than you would normally associate with a 2x12 cab. They look like a full slant top 4x12 cab when placed side by side, but they're a heck of a lot lighter to lug around. I usually space them out so that effects sound bigger. Chorus and reverb sound huge through a stereo rig with the speakers spaced apart.  :metal:

DaveM:
For recording I use an old Genz Benz 112 with a V30.  I still use my old Avatar 212, loaded with Celestion G12H30s, for gigging. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version