ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note "Depot New Registrations Temporarily Suspended" Please see discussions for how to register.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 45   Go Down

Author Topic: what are you listening to this week?  (Read 240533 times)

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
Re: what are you listening to this week?
« Reply #180 on: Time Format »

No don't think this is an effect you can use all the time.

Neon Nights is in my top 5 Accept songs,so no not ordinary at all.And they have a kickass sound!!!! i always loved it.

Well you like it or you don't i guess.You can't argue taste.It's not if someone doesn't like it it ain't no good.Also R comes from another time area,if you know what i mean.We're from the same generation.

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook
« Reply #181 on: Time Format »

No don't think this is an effect you can use all the time.

Neon Nights is in my top 5 Accept songs,so no not ordinary at all.And they have a kickass sound!!!! i always loved it.

Well you like it or you don't i guess.You can't argue taste.It's not if someone doesn't like it it ain't no good.Also R comes from another time area,if you know what i mean.We're from the same generation.

hahhaha well actually I'm 16 years younger than you, I just like the real metal from the proper period as do all the kids who come to my bands shows.  They're even younger than me, 16 to early 20's.  They know about the Tokyo Blades, Accepts, and Ravens of this world........they keep it all alive.  They buy the music.  They buy my bands merch.  This is why proper heavy metal never dies.  Nu Metal Came and went, same with grundge.  f*ck me that shit seems so dated now, and in the 90's when I was getting into proper metal people told me my Accept and Motorhead, Venom and Judas Priest and Saxon records were out of date!!  Well f*ck them hahaha!!   >:D

As for taste................yeah everyones different.  It's all about respect at the end of the day....unless it's x factor bullshit!!! 

As for Accept fav songs, I can't give a fav, I love too many.  I have days we're I'm in a Metal Hear Mood, days where I'm in Russian Roulette mood and so on.  I just love them and U.D.O. solo.  Big inspiration on my life.

What about "TV Wars" man??  Or "Breaker"?  or "That's Rock n Roll"!!  I love Accept.
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #182 on: Time Format »

Really so you're like 32 years old?Ooops my bad!!!

As for accept,breaker and restless and wild are my fav accept albums.

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #183 on: Time Format »

I like all their albums.  Even grew to like Eat the Heat!!!!!

Yeah I'm 32.  33 in January.

If I was your age I would hope to be better at guitar by now :lol:

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #184 on: Time Format »

Well after 45 everything goes downhill again  :lol: so make the most out of it. ::)

Rusty

« Reply #185 on: Time Format »

A mature and responsible approach from me this week ...

Paganini: Violin Concertos No1 and No2

Then again, having problems with my concentration, lets try ...

XYZ: Hungry
     Pole Position: Pole Position
     Cry Wolf: Crunch
     Valentine: Valentine

I like Paganini's music too, there are also so much good story's about him and his life. I'll quote one. He practiced for months along with his guitar player/violin player friend for a concert, but two weeks before the first show he said to his guitar player, "You will be playing the violin and I will be playing the guitar!  :o
That would have been so much pressure on the guitar player considering the level of playing that Paganini's compositions demand.

Hey DorsetRatt, I like XYZ too, Brilliant guitar player.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #186 on: Time Format »

Yeah I'm 32.  33 in January.
If I was your age I would hope to be better at guitar by now :lol:
So I turned 56 a week ago (24(ish) years older than RG and 11(ish) than MJMP (splits the difference LoL)). I still feel 18 in the head  :facepalm: . I'm probably playing better than ever after 43 years, though my appetite for lugging gear is close to non-existent these days. I tend to like most things that are full of passion/feel. Also the sound engineer in me is interested in good playing and recording (both of which the Accept song has in spades).
I've been teaching our bass player DP Rat Bat Blue (off Who Do We Think We Are), not so much to do it in the band, just coz the riffs are great and good to learn (I think he's been playing 2 1/2 years now). The bass line that really floats his boat is Powderfinger Bless My Soul. He's also doing well with Led Zep Immigrant Song, John P Jones is a pretty amazing bassist, and good octave popping practice  >:D .
So Rat Bat Blue is relatively straight forward 12 bar(ish), but the verse riff fills are very interesting (D E G C(oct) Eb D C DC A C D C D Eb D C A) all in open position (in case any one wants to have a crack at it), and it's very quick. I still remember the first electronic guitar tuners (was a Sico (or something like that) and quite large with red LEDs), I was using tuning forks and pitch pipes, you had to learn how to tune a guitar in those days.
Next one to teach the bass player is DP You Fool No One off Burn (MJMP, one you like ?). Nice 9th vox harmonies, and really give your fingers a workout  :thumb-up:
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #187 on: Time Format »

You're 8 years older then me , i'm 48, 49 in january.
Yep i like you fool no one, it's from the burn album isn't it? That my fav deep purple album!!!

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #188 on: Time Format »

:whoohoo!: I'm not too old after all LoL. Yes it's off Burn, great album, one of my favourites also. It's the first album with Coverdale and Hughes.

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #189 on: Time Format »

Hey man well happy f**king birthday  :whoohoo!:

You know what?  If you are a better player than back when you were younger then it's obviously worth it getting older right?

Och what the hell, age means nothing, I've always hung out with older guys anyways  :thumb-up:  I've no faith in the younger generations of today anyways  :lol:  see I sound like an old man  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Might be ok else where but the UK is f*cked in my opinion!

Anyways my buddy and fellow band member Joe loves Glenn Hughes.  I found it really interesting dynamic Huges and Coverdale shared duties!!  I like that.

Can Coverdale still kick it Richard?  From what I heard he still can.  Glenn Hughes on the other hand is a cert!!  He still wails like a banshee!!!  Full power to him!

DorsetRatt

« Reply #190 on: Time Format »

A mature and responsible approach from me this week ...

Paganini: Violin Concertos No1 and No2

Then again, having problems with my concentration, lets try ...

XYZ: Hungry
     Pole Position: Pole Position
     Cry Wolf: Crunch
     Valentine: Valentine

I like Paganini's music too, there are also so much good story's about him and his life. I'll quote one. He practiced for months along with his guitar player/violin player friend for a concert, but two weeks before the first show he said to his guitar player, "You will be playing the violin and I will be playing the guitar!  :o
That would have been so much pressure on the guitar player considering the level of playing that Paganini's compositions demand.

Hey DorsetRatt, I like XYZ too, Brilliant guitar player.

I never knew that ... lucky he didn't ask the guy playing the cymbal :D
Preamps: MP-1, MP-1 Classic, MP-2, Soldano SP-77, Piranha
Guitars: Sutch Siran Headless, Palm Bay Tidalwave, ESP M-1, Gibson Flying V

Several Species of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving with a Pict

DorsetRatt

« Reply #191 on: Time Format »

Happy 18th Richard :thumb-up:

Hold on a minute ... by my maths that makes MJMP 10 years old and we've gotta wait another 6 years for the birth of RG :))
Preamps: MP-1, MP-1 Classic, MP-2, Soldano SP-77, Piranha
Guitars: Sutch Siran Headless, Palm Bay Tidalwave, ESP M-1, Gibson Flying V

Several Species of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving with a Pict

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #192 on: Time Format »

Hahahahahaha  :lol: nice one  8)

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #193 on: Time Format »

Happy 18th Richard :thumb-up:

Hold on a minute ... by my maths that makes MJMP 10 years old and we've gotta wait another 6 years for the birth of RG :))

I'm not born yet........................gimme a few years I'll be back!!!   :lol:

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #194 on: Time Format »

Hey Thanks Guys  :bow: :whoohoo!: I agree RG, age means nothing, as we all prove here every day  :thumb-up: and yeah you sound like a grumpy old dude (which I am a bit these days). Hey every now and then the younguns surprise you (in amongst the crap). Although I've become much more cynical over the years... I love this place though, gives me hope (not a trivial thing)  :whoohoo!: .
Mmm getting older, guitar playing continues to improve (happy with that), but eyes, ears etc....

Hey don't know about Coverdale, Glenn Hughes did a solo Oz tour a while ago, I like him, very talented, but he's got an ego... For DP that combination was the first time there were any vox harmonies, hence the gorgeous 9th harmony's Hughes does on You Fool No One, and he goes off in Mistreated with all that hi stuff (falsetto) (both off Burn).
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 45   Go Up