• Welcome to ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear.

News:

Need a Schematic? Check the Vault *MP-1 Classic Schematics Just Added!!

Main Menu

ADA TFX4 stereo mod?

Started by kawai2g4b, May 07, 2014, 09:14:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kawai2g4b

I was wondering whether anyone knows how to mod a stereo out for the Tfx4 rack.  It this even possible?
Pearce G2R with ADA TFX4 in loop.
ADA MB-1/B500B
And other non ADA stuff.

Kawai AQ-500 guitar, Korean Fender Lite Ash Strat, Electra X930 MPC modded, G&L L2K basses, Peavey T40, Fernandes basses.

MarshallJMP

Everything is possible.But...you need to invert the wet signal of the chorus and flanger but you can't do this with the delay signal.

kawai2g4b

Oh damn, I forgot about the invert button...if I remember correctly, if you use a TRS out Y cable you can mimick stereo, correct?
ADA MB-1/B500B
And other non ADA stuff.

Kawai AQ-500 guitar, Korean Fender Lite Ash Strat, Electra X930 MPC modded, G&L L2K basses, Peavey T40, Fernandes basses.

MarshallJMP

Do you want to have a stereo sound out of it or a dual mono?

kawai2g4b

ADA MB-1/B500B
And other non ADA stuff.

kawai2g4b

For that matter, does anybody have a scan of the TFX4 user manual?
ADA MB-1/B500B
And other non ADA stuff.

MarshallJMP

I have the schematics but no manual.

Sparker

ADA Gear: MP-1 Tube Board

kawai2g4b

Much thanks Sparker and MJMP! 
ADA MB-1/B500B
And other non ADA stuff.

kawai2g4b

So my old thread is about to get resurrected but you got to finish up what you start sometimes. But I have solved the stereo issue by conventional means: by finding someone selling another TFX4 in my town in Craigslist.

So now I have one each hooked up to both MP-1 outputs, and now I have GLORIOUS modulation possibilities with the Digitozer just before the TFX4s. 
ADA MB-1/B500B
And other non ADA stuff.

rnolan

Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

MarshallJMP

Well that's one hell of a way to go stereo  :lol: