ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note "Depot New Registrations Temporarily Suspended" Please see discussions for how to register.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: The rackstar ADA should do  (Read 14811 times)

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook
Re: The rackstar ADA should do
« Reply #45 on: Time Format »

@Harley,

well that's a compliment if there ever was one  :thumb-up:

I personally wouldn't mind a little scoop a for certain sounds that I feel have a more of a thrash style to them but it's hard to balance this out for the rest of the non scooped sounds.  Well actually not so much the guitar, it just means if I change, then the bassist has to change other wise the EQ is all out of balance.  Now when I say scoop. I mean subtle.  But I haven't tried this in a few years, it's just all mids.

Those orange cabs where I think the smaller ones, I don't recall wheels unless these where taken off.  It's kind like house backline those cabs.  I think the bass couples very well with the stage and surroundings in that venue.  Generally though it's f**king feedback fest probably with all the sound bouncing around!  I have half my cabs filled with vintage 30's and half filled with Eminence cv-75's.  There is a lot more mids I feel from the eminence which are meant to sound like broken in vintage 30's.  Scored some celestion g12t-75 brna dnew for real cheap recently, thinking of loading a marshall 4x12" with half those and half something else.
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #46 on: Time Format »

Hey RG, not to piss in your pocket too much but I like you guitar sound  :thumb-up:
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #47 on: Time Format »

Gerry,

If they were the smaller 4x12 cabs, then those are the Crush Pro 4x12's and they are loaded with Orange's "Voice of the World" speakers. I haven't had a chance to audition those yet, but now you have me curious.
I only have two brain cells left, ...and I'm saving them for the weekend!

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook
« Reply #48 on: Time Format »

Gerry,

If they were the smaller 4x12 cabs, then those are the Crush Pro 4x12's and they are loaded with Orange's "Voice of the World" speakers. I haven't had a chance to audition those yet, but now you have me curious.

You're right Harley, it's those cabs because their are always two little Orange Crush amps supplied as well......which I always set to the side hahahahaha.  Someone told me they are ok though but I couldn't be bothered trying one of them.

I like the cabs though, I thought they were nice.  I wouldn't turn my nose up at one if it landed at my doorstep.
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #49 on: Time Format »

I remember trying an Orange Crush combo about 12 years ago, it was alright but not my kind of sound. If I were to ever get into 4x12 cabs, I'd probably go with the larger one with Vintage 30's, but I doubt that I will ever so that. The Split-Stack cabs are so much easier to transport.
Now that I've got the Peavey poweramps in the rigs, I may swap out the current Celestions for vintage 30's though. Those are probably the only ones I like from Celestion.
I only have two brain cells left, ...and I'm saving them for the weekend!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up