ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Temp "Time Format" issue Fix in Discussions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My ADA rack - photos...  (Read 5864 times)

Joe P.

My ADA rack - photos...
« on: Time Format »

Hi guys!  Here are a few photos of my beloved ADA rack of tone greatness!!  Enjoy!!

MikeB

Re: My ADA rack - photos...
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

WTF!  That's insane.  I think you need to explain what's going on here.
I don't feel tardy!

mqqse

« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

And only one JMP-1?

Kim

• Administrator
  • If it's too Loud...you're gonna get more of THAT.
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

Welcome!   :wave:

Are all your MP-1s stock, or are those different modded versions?

MikeB is right; there's a lot going on there.  The Line 6 unit in the pic = that straight Changeup right over the plate for the 3rd Strike after getting nothing but Fastball heaters on the outside corner before.  Or...like the Spanish Inquisition (Monty Python style)   :lol:  In other words:
NOBODY EXPECTED THAT!!!  lol

Do tell about all the stompbox stuff as well.  We even have a special section for that!   :thumb-up:

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

Wholly CATS Batman!!

So THAT's where all the ADA gear went  :amaze:

Nice gear man, very nice. You gotta let one of those B200s amps go though, prolly to someplace in California, between Tahoe and SF, like maybe Sacramento (hint hint)  :lol: BTW: I spy a very old Ibanez logo on a headstock back there, whatsit? (I have a bunch of Ibbies)

Oh, did I forget to say WELCOME TO THE DEPOT?!? Welcome man, welcome in  :waving-banana-smiley-emoticon

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

Hey Joe P., welcome to the depot  :wave: .  Wow nice bunch of gear  :whoohoo!: .

@ Dante, that Ibenez head stock looks like an acoustic, my guess  :dunno:
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Joe P.

« Reply #6 on: Time Format »

Thanks for the positive feedback, all!!

MikeB - when playing gigs and/or in the studio, I like to keep things very simple.  I only use one preamp/poweramp at a time.  One ADA MP-1 preamp and a poweramp though a 2x12 or 4x12.  In addition, I run only ONE of my rack multi-effects units at a time in series with the MP-1 for some very light reverb/delay - Intellifex, Intelliverb, etc.  I am always experimenting with different sounds/tones so I like to "mix" things up a bit and try adding different pedals once in a while for added color, etc.

mqqse - yes only one JMP-1.  I picked it up a few years back used at a decent price and just couldn't resist.  Always wanted one.  It works/sounds great!

Kim - all 4 of my MP-1's are completely stock and work/sound great!  3 of them are version 2.01 and 1 of them is version 1.38.  The only work I've ever had done was I replaced the battery on one MP-1, and changed the filter caps on the tube board on another one as it was humming a bit.  But all are stock - no mods - nothing.  I picked up that Line 6 unit a few years back used (pretty cheap) just for fun.  It is a well made unit and it sounds OK - clearly the drive is NOT on the same level as an MP-1 or JMP-1.  My favorite head ever made is the original Peavey 5150 head as you can see from the photo.  It has it's own unique sound which I've always respected.  I have a bunch of stompboxes - BOSS, TC, etc. and like experimenting with different sounds/tones, but in all honesty, at the end of the day, nothing, nothing at all, sounds as musical and as transparent as my ADA MP-1 preamps.  They are just in a class of their own - so very special.

Dante - good catch, my friend!  Yes, that is one of my beloved 1976 Ibanez Concord acoustic guitars.  I am a HUGE fan of the older Ibanez stuff.  Specifically, the early 80's Roadstar II models.  I can talk mid 70's early 80's Ibanez all day long!  The craftsmanship is just truly amazing.

rnolan - thank you!!

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #7 on: Time Format »

Mmmm Harley I think we have some competition  ;D

Nice setup!!!

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
« Reply #8 on: Time Format »

Okay Joe, I'm going off topic now with my Ibbies...

MIJ:
1978 CN200 (polar white) - stock flying finger PUs and star tuners!
1978 CN250 (tobacco burst with half vine on the neck) - vintage Seymour Duncans
1982 PF160 (really similar to a PF250 in specs, pretty rare, in polar white, weighs in at 12 lbs.) - stock Super 80s PUs (i think)
1984 AM50 (tobacco burst) - stock Super 58s
1986 AM75t (tobacco burst with a floyd \m/ ) - stock IBZ/Dimarzio PUs

I have a couple Artists, but they are newer:
2006 goldtop AR200 (korean) - Seymour Duncan Jazz/JB pickups
2013 cherry sunburst AR420 (chinese) - JB in the bridge

Big semi-hollow AS:
2005 AS83 (chinese) with incredible tone (SD Jazz/JB pickups)

My 'strat' is an SAS32fm in red (korean) - some HOT Ibanez PU in the bridge, not sure what it is. Stock single coils (Ibanez makes great single coils IMO)

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #9 on: Time Format »

Welcome to the Depot Joe P :wave:

It looks like you fit right in here :lol:

That's a nice looking Odessey rack. I'm looking at a pair of 8U like those for my studio desk. All stock MP-1's and different power amps, are you plugging them into different cabs, or all into the EVH cab?
      I had the same impression of the Line 6...just OK. I see you are quite a big fan of Boss pedals. Are you trying those through the loops of the MP-1's, or are those reserved for the heads?

@ MJMP: He's got me covered on the MP-1's since mine is down again. But I'm gravitating more towards the MP-2 and the Classic with the new tube power amps I've recently added to my stage rigs. I may have to send my MP-1 to you for your expert care.
I only have two brain cells left, ...and I'm saving them for the weekend!

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #10 on: Time Format »

I thought it was an old Ibenez acoustic. I had an Ibenez hummingbird copy (I think it also was a Concord ?) from that era, great guitar, unfortunately stolen along the way.

Actually I think mine was a Dove copy thinking back.... Loved it.
« Last Edit: Time Format by rnolan »

rADAr

« Reply #11 on: Time Format »

Hey, Joe

Nice ADA tower!  :headbanger:

How do you like the Boss Katana head amp?
ADA MP-1 2.01 Stock
ADA MP-1 1.38 w/MRDT+2.01 upgrade

Joe P.

« Reply #12 on: Time Format »

@MarshallJMP – thanks, my friend!  Finally got around to taking a few photos to share with our beloved ADA family!

@Dante – amazing Ibanez collection!  The flying finger (Super 80) PUs, Super 70 PUs, and Super 6 single coil PUs are excellent PUs.  The Ibanez star tuners and Ibanez Smooth Tuner II's are some of the greatest tuners ever made IMO.  I am a huge fan of the early 80’s (vintage) Ibanez stuff and pretty much play Ibanez exclusively.  Would love to see some photos one day!  You’ve got great taste, my friend.  ADA, vintage Ibanez, etc.

@Harely – thank you!  The Odyssey rack is really nice.  Very affordable and well made!  I am so glad I decided to get it.  Great company making affordable quality products!  My main studio/live “rack” rig is so simple.  I only take out with me one preamp and one power amp with one of my rack effects units for some very light reverb and delay options.  Usually my Rocktron Intellifex or Intelliverb or my BOSS RV-70 rack reverb.  Everything in line… nothing through the effects loop.  I put it through my EVH 2x12 or my Peavey 5150 4x12.  That’s it.  Sometimes I do experiment with different pedals for added color and sounds in the studio.  Depending on the gig, I do like to use my original Peavey 5150 head through the 2x12 or 4x12.  When using the Peavey 5150 head, I do utilize the effects loop quite a bit.  All that being said, I always come back home to the ADA stuff!  I will never forget the day (almost 18 years ago) when I first plugged into my first ADA MP-1… that was it for me!

@rnolan - Thank you!  The mid/late 70's Ibanez acoustics are well made instruments!   

@rADAr – thank you!  I picked up the BOSS Katana head a few months ago.  It sounds amazing and is very loud!  The drive channels are very musical sounding and remind me of the MP-1 which is one of the reasons I picked it up.  It is a solid state unit, but has a very realistic tube “feel” to it.  For what you get, it is very affordable.  BOSS quality, etc.  I haven’t had a chance to really break it in yet.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #13 on: Time Format »

Hey Joe P. There pics of a few of Dante's guitars in the Guitars section IIRC, and a bunch of others...  we do like to show off our treasures LoL  SC loves his Ibenez guitars also though he seems more attracted to the super strats.

Systematic Chaos

• Administrator
  • Blood type: Becks Positive
« Reply #14 on: Time Format »

...SC loves his Ibanez guitars also though he seems more attracted to the super strats.
... I tend to call the contemporary Rock Guitars  :thumb-up:
And behold....there's indeed an N(U)GD in the makings ;-) gotta love the 2nd hand/occasion market here in JPN
Pages: [1]   Go Up