ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Lets get Technical > All Things Tube All about preamp and power amp Tubes.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Glad to be here.  (Read 4745 times)

ADAddicted

Glad to be here.
« on: Time Format »

Glad to be here. ADA rules!!!
"Keep SHRED alive"

Kim

• Administrator
  • If it's too Loud...you're gonna get more of THAT.
Re: Glad to be here.
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Glad to be here. ADA rules!!!

[fun sarcasm] My, aren't we surly today.  [/fun sarcasm]   ;)   

Glad to have you, but come on......tell us about yourself.  That's what this very section is for!

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

Welcome to the Depot ADAddicted!
I only have two brain cells left, ...and I'm saving them for the weekend!

ADAddicted

« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

Ok... Im a 52 years young and never plan on growing up. LOL Started playing guitar at 14 and am happy to say I experienced and survived the 80s Hollywood strip scene. I love the music from the 80s and am a huge EVH fan but like some current bands. Have owned an ADA MP-2 and a pair of the ADA split cabs but regretfully sold them many years ago. Here is a pic of my current amp and pedals. I do however have a ROCKTRON Chameleon with an ADA Microtube 100 that I plan on resurrecting soon.  Cheers
"Keep SHRED alive"

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

Hey ADAddicted, welcome to the depot  :thumb-up: .  Nice rig  :whoohoo!: . Mmm MP-2, best preamp ever made (IMHO)
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

Hey ADAddicted, welcome to the depot  :thumb-up: .  Nice rig  :whoohoo!: . Mmm MP-2, best preamp ever made (IMHO)

That's only because you never had a Classic! :lol:

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #6 on: Time Format »

A salient point Harley, who knows, I may get one someday, they are pretty rare though it seems.

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #7 on: Time Format »

In Australia it seems to be a fact that they are non-existent. That seems a bit odd to me since the best was omitted from the import roster. From what you're saying there seemed to be only one importer for the whole country, which for such a big Country, is pretty unusual.
   I can't help but wonder if there might have been an importer in Perth, or somewhere nearby on the Western side of the Country, that maybe you didn't know about?

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #8 on: Time Format »

Hey Harley, Australia is a big country but a small population (22mil people) so we have less than some overseas cities.  Gear wise we've always missed out  :facepalm: .  One of the first people I met when I came to Canberra 30+ years ago was Nunzio Gamballe (Franks brother BTW).  Nunz started Pro Audio and based it on the US mail order model where you could order stuff from a catalogue. He'd go to NAMM and bring back lots of good stuff (Anderson, ADA, Boogie, Alembic..), I was doing guitar repairs for them back then and got to try these amazing bits of gear.  By the time the Classic came out, he was either winding back or had sold the business  :dunno: , I know he was super stressed.  We also didn't get to see/try the ADA Fx units out here.  I think MP-1s and B200s went pretty well, and they are around, There's some MP-2s but not many, it was the perfect next step for me, I've only ever seen one G500S, and there are probably a few MB-1s and B500Bs  :dunno: .

I don't think there was another importer for the west coast (an even smaller market) but who knows ?  If anyone has parts, I'd like to know  :thumb-up:

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #9 on: Time Format »

Hey Richard,

I'm sure you would like to know, I would too if I were there. I would be digging into some old records of distributors to see if anyone else sold ADA gear back in the day. At least, that's where I'd start.

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
« Reply #10 on: Time Format »

Welcome to the Depot ADAddited! Glad we got your username all sorted and you'e in here making friends. Nice rig, are you still in SoCal? There is a Classic on Craigslist there that I've been eyeing  :amaze:
Pages: [1]   Go Up