ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need a Schematic? Check the Vault *MP-1 Classic Schematics Just Added!!

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: MP-1 got Noisy...  (Read 15371 times)

Iperfungus

• Methodical killers do good jobs!
Re: MP-1 got Noisy...
« Reply #30 on: Time Format »

So replaced the caps on the tube board and tested.

Strangely the insane noise I was getting the last time I tested, which was louder than the actual guitar signal"!!!!  is gone....................

seems a bit strange to me as this noise was crazy loud.  I wonder did opening and taking the guts out move something back to where it should have been?  The caps alone don't seem entirely responsible for the fix.

Who knows perhaps they are.  MP1 sounding f**king awesome!  Gonna rehearse with it today.

Will replace the last few caps tomorrow ones situated at the MDRT.

:thumb-up: :thumb-up: :thumb-up:

Times for some good luck!
On the run again!

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook
« Reply #31 on: Time Format »

Well it could be, if one (or more) high voltage caps were bad then you get hum.

May be that's what it was MJMP.  Now I've only done those on the tubeboard so would that still apply to those?

It was a crazy earth/ground type hum that was throughout the sound, then it got so bad you couldn't even hear guitar.  I really hope it was.  I'll complete the mod (it's only taken a year  :lol:) tomorrow!

I dam well forgot totake it to practice with me.  So I had to use the Rockmaster, which was having output issues.  However, I put in the old tubes again and I got all the output back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  f*ck those tubes I bought they musta have been total shit.

I need some juicy harmonically rich, nice mid rangey tubes with nice gain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Chinese dirt tubes in the MP1 with MDRT and noise mod sound fantastic.

Then my stock MP1 - No mods has some tubes in there that are also great (not sure what?). 

Quietness is very similar to the modded version and the stock one, however the trim pots in the MDRT MP1 could do with being turned down a little since now there is more voltage and all that good stuff giving me more gain.

Thanks Iperfungus  :thumb-up: always need the luck
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #32 on: Time Format »

Got this problem before, those caps are getting old + they get a much higher voltage on them so they wear out, and at point it's over and out. So now you're good for at least 10 years.

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook
« Reply #33 on: Time Format »

can't really reply to that any other way than  :thumb-up:

So the MDRT perhaps speeded up the death of those caps, ok makes sense  :)
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #34 on: Time Format »

can't really reply to that any other way than  :thumb-up:

So the MDRT perhaps speeded up the death of those caps, ok makes sense  :)

Yeah since the MDRT is putting 40V more then the original tranny.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up