ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Lets get Technical > All Things Tube All about preamp and power amp Tubes.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My little work bench.  (Read 4745 times)

Rusty

My little work bench.
« on: Time Format »

Hey guys I would like to share a photograph with you's of my little man cave/work bench.

From left to right is my variac which I use often which I have in series with a lamp to limit the current in any event of avalaunch break down concerning transistor work.

I know from the photograph that it looks like a messy setup but I have since organized it better.  :)

Next over is my farnell 3Mhz function generator at the bottom that I use very often and is a great little affordable instrument that gives me so much joy.

On top of that sitting is the famous little Rigol 1052E oscilloscope that the brilliant Australlian engineer 'Dave Jones' at the eevblog highly recommended for learners like me. I also took some of his brilliant advice and done the famous hack and raised it up from 50Mhz to 100Mhz.  :) Not that I would need that much bandwidth anyhow for what I do, but, hey, why not.  Thank you Mr Dave Jones.  :thumb-up:

Next over is just a 15v power supply and a test board on top of that as in that photograph I was checking out some transistors.

Next over is my trust worthy time tested Fluke 8840A bench multimeter that has served me so well for years. It's made in the USA by John Fluke, Illionois. I shall say no more about the level of quality as that alone speaks for its-self.

Next over is my de-soldering BlackJack station, A fine and very affordable piece of equipment that has served me well.

On the bench was a an old restoration job of a 70's Kelly amp that I was doing up for a friend and the rest is just workshop tools.

I always work upon live equipment with a 1 for 1 isolation transformer these days.
Not the first time but the last time I took a bad very bad hit with 509V that almost cooked me and sent me out through the back window with a busted face and musscle depleteness in my left hand that has recoverd since.   :o

I have also have included a photograph of my pride and joy,   My USA made Tektronix 465B from the 70's that is still going so well and still holds it own.

The quality of the USA Tektronix company is the very best of ever can be. The front panel is a joy to use and is so well finished in engineering terms that it would almost make one cry to how brilliant and honest that the USA engineers were,  to bestow upon us with the ease and forgivness, with such a device and knowledge seeking machine for us all who are in search of a desire to seek more in this wreched unforgiving life.

The Textronix 465B is a true piece of equipment that sits at the very top of all of my electronic devices that I own or ever did own! And, I view it every day, just like watching the TV or listening to the radio.
This instrumemt is crucial to my well being.
It sits with so much respect on my kitchen side table. One of the most brilliant pieces of technology that has educated me and has a dear place in my heart. ;D

I hope you like my post as I'm still a learner with passion.  :)

Thank you for reading my fellow ADA'er's

« Last Edit: Time Format by Rusty »

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook
Re: My little work bench.
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

I really need a room where I can do all my guitar operating.  I do all my stuff on the kitchen floor lol  sore on the knees my man!!  My girl friend gets pissed off when she can't get into the kitchen as I'm sprawled out all over the place soldering new pickups or something lol
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

Hey Rusty, musicians need a cave. Nice set up my friend ( :facepalm: and more kit than me LoL).
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

Hey Rusty, well thanks my friend  :wave: Yeah this is a nice place  :whoohoo!: lots of passion and inspiration, with a good dose of how do we keep these fantastic gadgets going.. And absolutely great to have you here as part of it  :thumb-up: ( it gives me so much influence to carry on and go forward in this life) + 1 (and I suspect most of us here).  Gives me hope (and that's not trivial) I think I wrote in a previous post. Enjoy your "cave" not everyone has one LoL.
Cheers R
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

vansinn

« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

Cool! I too have a tectronics, and old 455 - wonder if mods exists for this one; it's only 10 MHz..
I really should finish up my lab, it's on a PC corner table in my bedroom.

Besides the Tectronics, I have a DIY PSU 5V + +/-15V, an almost finished build-in and mod of some adjustable dual PSU, two VTM's, a capacitor/inductor meter, an old B&O function generator, a Weller soldering station, and a 3rd hand stand.

Methinks I'll get to it and finish up the stuff..
I need one more scope probe, and need to build some audio troubleshooting gear, like an audio injector and a ditto thingy with a speaker for probing where there's still audio and where it stops. And I ought to have an isolation transformer - I was stupid enough to throw out a variac as it wasn't in a case :facepalm:
« Last Edit: Time Format by vansinn »
Pages: [1]   Go Up