ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note "Depot New Registrations Temporarily Suspended" Please see discussions for how to register.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tunings  (Read 5174 times)

Soloist

• Take No Prisoners...Take No Sh!t
Tunings
« on: Time Format »

We were touching on this subject in another thread. Thought I would start a poll.
Live Rig:
Fractal Audio FM3 ver 1.06
Boss GT 100 ver.2.11
Switching- Radial Engineering Big Shot I/O v2 - Radial Engineering Pro D2 Stereo Direct Box
Power - Live Wire Power Conditioning Distribution System
Monitors  - (2) FRFR-112 Headrush Stage monitors
Axes - Charvel So Cal Pro Mod-Jackson DK2MQ Pro-Jackson USA Soloist-Ibanez RG3XXV
ADA gear: MP1- MP2 - MT200
Studio gear- way too much to list.

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook
Re: Tunings
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

my votes in E tuning concert pitch 440 call it what you will :)

Boy I just noticed how much gear you have soloist!!  f**king hell!!  hahahah  nice to see a super d in one of your axes as well
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

Soloist

• Take No Prisoners...Take No Sh!t
« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

Boy I just noticed how much gear you have soloist!!  f**king hell!!  hahahah  nice to see a super d in one of your axes as well

That's only my current live rig.  :whoohoo!: Many more pieces not being used...(need a bigger rack) What can I say, I'm a gear junkie!
Love my super D, however my JB is just as tastey! :metal:
Btw, how is that Peavey Rockmaster? I was thinking of picking one up but cant find one locally to try out first. :dunno:
« Last Edit: Time Format by Soloist »
Live Rig:
Fractal Audio FM3 ver 1.06
Boss GT 100 ver.2.11
Switching- Radial Engineering Big Shot I/O v2 - Radial Engineering Pro D2 Stereo Direct Box
Power - Live Wire Power Conditioning Distribution System
Monitors  - (2) FRFR-112 Headrush Stage monitors
Axes - Charvel So Cal Pro Mod-Jackson DK2MQ Pro-Jackson USA Soloist-Ibanez RG3XXV
ADA gear: MP1- MP2 - MT200
Studio gear- way too much to list.

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

Man that is series gear junkie,  ;D  Your live Rig?  What band are you in?  Judas Priest??????????????? lol  I doubt even they have as many prea amps as you.

I have a lot of gear I suppose, but anything I've bought over the last year I've just sold off other stuff instead to make room for the new.
I've actually not been out of pocket at all really.  I still have surplus like a behringer fcb1010.  But I have culled a lot and replaced with stuff I use now and I'm trying to keep it neater as I just build up shit quickly particularly when I see bargains!!

SD all the way man!! Love that there is love for it on this site.

Peavey Rockmaster???  Holy shit biscuits!!  It's a savage beast!!

I am currently trying to get a few clips together to put on here actually (I've defected to PEAVEY......................no no of course I haven't  :lol:)

I have recorded some clean channel last night.  I have to do some other stuff now using various gain settings and channels.

The Rockmaster has a flaw that I discovered and also with the help of MJMP.  Not a major thing though.  It has a lot of relays and effects loops.  Basically these can stick and get a little bit dirty from time to time with inactivity and your signal can cut out.  It's an easy fix though.  Clean the jacks at the back by plugging in and out jacks with cleaner on them.  I have still yet to clean mine properly, so far I've just plugged the jack in and out dry and that has worked for me.

I bought one about a year ago I think?? I got it a good price from a guy in England.  Then literally about a month a go I saw a better condition one going for a really stupid price in Scotland on Ebay.  In fact the guy had a foot switch and cable for it included as well as the racks ears.  And it looked in nearly new condition.  So I bought that too.  £120 quid I think.

I really like it.  It has no midi but that doesn't bother me.  I like it because it is simple and straight forward and it is just savage sounding.  Feels different to my 3tm.  But just as deadly.  Of course it's not programmable but hey, it's  all about how it sounds for me.  And I like the hands on approach you have to have with it.  I would get one man if you see one.  Generally they are war torn I find.  The first one I bought has an ok face but the rest of the chasis is scratched up to hell.  The most recent one I bought though is near perfect, hardly a mark anywhere.
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

kawai2g4b

« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

I tend to use 4 different tunings: E standard, C standard, Open c (C G C G G E) ), and drop A.  The doom in me can't help it.
Pearce G2R with ADA TFX4 in loop.
ADA MB-1/B500B
And other non ADA stuff.

Kawai AQ-500 guitar, Korean Fender Lite Ash Strat, Electra X930 MPC modded, G&L L2K basses, Peavey T40, Fernandes basses.

Kim

• Administrator
  • If it's too Loud...you're gonna get more of THAT.
« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

I normally use Standard B tuning in my band, but one of our original songs (so far) is in Drop A.    D'addario EXL145 strings (12-54) work really nice for me in those tunings on my Jackson Kelly guitars. 

GuitarBuilder

« Reply #6 on: Time Format »

Standard, Half-step down, Drop D, Open E, Open G, Rain Song
ADA and Rockman Heads
Marshall amps
Strats and Les Pauls
Pages: [1]   Go Up