• Welcome to ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear.

News:

Need a Schematic? Check the Vault *MP-1 Classic Schematics Just Added!!

Main Menu

Ibanez DD700 Rack Delay

Started by rabidgerry, April 19, 2015, 04:22:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rabidgerry

Has anyone ever heard of this unit or even used it?  It's early digital delay from '86.  Scored one for a really good price over the weekend from Hungary.

I can't even find a manual for it online to check the spec.

I got it whilst another rack delay I own gets operated on.  I use a delay like this to delay one side of my output by about 10msecs creating HAAS effect.  Works a treat  in a one guitar band like mine  :)
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

Soloist

What the hell is the inv out jack for? Inverted phase?
I was looking at one yesterday, could still get it for cheap. That or a MXR M175 digital time delay. I don't know shit about either one.
Live Rig:
Fractal Audio FM3 ver 1.06
Boss GT 100 ver.2.11
Switching- Radial Engineering Big Shot I/O v2 - Radial Engineering Pro D2 Stereo Direct Box
Power - Live Wire Power Conditioning Distribution System
Monitors  - (2) FRFR-112 Headrush Stage monitors
Axes - Charvel So Cal Pro Mod-Jackson DK2MQ Pro-Jackson USA Soloist-Ibanez RG3XXV
ADA gear: MP1- MP2 - MT200
Studio gear- way too much to list.

rnolan

The Inv Out is for sudo stereo, same way MP1/2s do it IIRC
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Soloist

Thanks rnolan! I knew someone here would know.
Live Rig:
Fractal Audio FM3 ver 1.06
Boss GT 100 ver.2.11
Switching- Radial Engineering Big Shot I/O v2 - Radial Engineering Pro D2 Stereo Direct Box
Power - Live Wire Power Conditioning Distribution System
Monitors  - (2) FRFR-112 Headrush Stage monitors
Axes - Charvel So Cal Pro Mod-Jackson DK2MQ Pro-Jackson USA Soloist-Ibanez RG3XXV
ADA gear: MP1- MP2 - MT200
Studio gear- way too much to list.

Kim

Just curious....could have you done the same Haas/Delay effect with the Intellifex? :???:

MarshallJMP

Sure why not,just don't forget to put the mix too 0% so you only get the delay and the no feedback.

rnolan

With MP1 you could do something much the same by setting the chorus depth to say 25 (as this sets the chorus delay time) and the rate to 0 (so no modulation). I used to use this technique when I had a MP1 (works great in stereo) but I set depth to 100 (max delay (I guess it's around 40ms?)) and rate to 0. With MP2 I've found this technique tends to flange as the MP2 chorus is a bit different to MP1.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

MarshallJMP

Well R,problem is the original signal is always mixed in in the MP-1.