ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Lets get Technical > All Things Tube All about preamp and power amp Tubes.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My Basic Dirty Patch  (Read 7538 times)

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
My Basic Dirty Patch
« on: Time Format »

Yo! I had the unique pleasure of typing this entire post twice! Yay! I had this all written out, with the settings for the patches and everything...when my browser crashed and lost it all! Yay!  So, here I am the next day to make it right.

I have attached a clip I recorded last night. It's just a riff I made up, then added some bass and some clean chords to keep it moving. Check it out. After Systematic Chaos' clip, I thought I should post something a little....er....less intimidating ;)

Basic Dirty Patch (#13): Voice:8 - Dynamic High Gain / Drive:75, OD:70, Mstr:80 / Comp:In, 30:1, Thresh:89, Gain:3 / Lo:+8, Mid:0, Hi:0, Pres:0 / EQ: 0, +4, +2, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0 / Wah:Out / Trem:Out / NR: In, Gate, Thresh:80 / Cho:Out

Clean Chords (#15): Voice:1 - Crystal Clean / Drive:51, Mstr:70 / Comp:In, 1.5:1 Thresh:74, Gain:1 / Lo:+4, Mid:0, Hi:+4, Pres:0 / EQ: +4, +2, +2, 0, 0, 0, 0, +6, 0 / Wah:Out / Trem:Out / NR:Out / Chorus:In, Depth:90%, Rate:0.3 / Plus a big Delay patch

Unfortunately, you're going to be hard-pressed to find a similar guitar. It's an 80s Ibanez Les Paul copy that weighs almost 12 pounds! Original Super 70 Pickups (which sound like old PAFs with a squeal on the edges of the notes - very easy to get pinch harmonics). I'd put this guitar against any mid-70s Gibson Les Paul. I tried a bunch before finding this tank of a guitar for a third of the price.

Enjoy the clip (it's short)

« Last Edit: Time Format by Dante »

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
Re: My Basic Dirty Patch
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Hey Dante, cool, the guitar was a bit back in the mix though, made it hard to hear.  The Ibi LP has a nice bight  >:D
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

Must agree with R,nice bite but it sounds a bit thin for me,maybe due to the mix?

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

:dunno: the whole mix sounds compressed to me

The guitar's PUs does have a bit of a squealy bite on the attack. This recording was direct, so it would warm up a bit with an amp & mic, I'm sure

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

Hey Dante, I just wanted to here it louder in the mix, but yes, it's an edgy PU (which I like  :thumb-up: BTW) and amp cabs is what it was made for, so would help

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

Okay - no recording yet - but I wanted to chime in and say, I played this beast of a guitar at my gig last Friday night, for two sets. She is amazing. Sustain for DAYS. The tone just cuts through the mix too - very nice. Yes, I'd played a couple gigs with her before, but not with this rig. So far, it's the shit  :poop:

Rig is in the pic: MP-1 Classic w/Boss GX-700 (via 4 cable method), into an ADA Microtube 200 (MT-200), into my Thiele cabinets with an EVM12L (shown) and an EV Force (on the other side of the drum riser). Guitar: Ibanez PF160 in Pearl White, only 60 made (for the German market). Weighs almost 12 pounds!
« Last Edit: Time Format by Dante »

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #6 on: Time Format »

Hey Dante, so quite as much as your car LOL. The JPLP isn't light either.  A mate at work said what comfort thingy has it got, WTF it's a '59 LP reissue, it's heavy. Apparently you can get LPs with holes drilled in them to make them lighter... etc.

Nice ax my friend.

Dante you've cut your hair (it happened just the other day, it was getting kind... of long, if your as old as me these lyrics may make some sense LOL).

OK so where's the recording ???
Pages: [1]   Go Up