ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Lets get Technical > All Things Tube All about preamp and power amp Tubes.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: ADA Tritube 75 and Tritube 150 amps  (Read 20326 times)

dbjacobson2112

Re: ADA Tritube 75 and Tritube 150 amps
« Reply #15 on: Time Format »

I went  to a local electronics store and bought one of those multi adapter that let u choose Volts and polarity and bingo the unit works fine...  and it swithces all like it should on my Tritube amp! so, probloem solved -  I used the amp at last nites gig, and while the cleans were perfect - I felt that the over drives did NOT cut thru the mix, kinda too processed like the way Line 6 amps sound awesome in your house alone, but don't cut thru the mix when playing live... Now my next major question is: Is there a post or thread here for MP-2 settings? or even better, people's etting for the tritube amps?

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
« Reply #16 on: Time Format »

I have the same problem with a lot of my MP-2 settings, you really need to coax it out. Some of my over-the-top gain patches still sound like they're getting lost in the mix, but without them, the mix is empty.

Yes, there are plenty of MP-2 patches in the MP-2 section, several of which are mine.

Enjoy!  :thumb-up:
« Last Edit: Time Format by Dante »

dbjacobson2112

my ADA Tritube 75 makes no sound when I attach external cabinets [tried different cabs and different cables that I know work well....

Is there something in the amp itself that I need to switch to turn the external speaker-out jack to send the feed?

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #18 on: Time Format »

From what i can tell in the manual there is no external speaker out,there is however a preamp output,but you need to connect that to a power amp and speaker.So the question is where did you hookup that speaker?

BTW does anyone have the schematics of the tribute 75,i only seem to have the quadtube schematics ( tribute 150).
« Last Edit: Time Format by MarshallJMP »

dbjacobson2112

« Reply #19 on: Time Format »

I see what u mean... it is a 'RECORDING OUT' jack which in theory would have very little natural volume and would need to be sent into another amp head or powered PA head/board.   I will try this at my next gig..... I used the Tritube 75 for my last 2 gigs, and while the chorusy cleans were awesome I felt the overdrives [Alex patch and Blackened patch] really getting lost in the mix.....

Will let u know how that plays out.

nomorepeople

« Reply #20 on: Time Format »

I'm familiar with the "Black" patch, not as much with the "Alex" patch but I know "black" has the mids scooped like crazy - a huge dip in 800hz - and I understand it sounds awesome in the bedroom but gets lost in the gig.  I've never used the "black" patch live due to its lack of mids.  I used it on a recording where I double-tracked the guitars with a midrangey Slayer-ish tone in the left speaker and "black" on the right speaker.  When I first recorded my recent album, I used black and panned it dead center.  It sounded cool but the clarity wasn't there so I panned it 100% right and took a second midrangey tone and panned it 100% left.  The two tones fit together great.  Even so, both guitars registered about the same db level but the midrangey guitar still sounded louder.  Moral of the story - definitely add some midrange because I'm pretty sure "Alex" is scooped as well.

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #21 on: Time Format »

I'm familiar with the "Black" patch, not as much with the "Alex" patch but I know "black" has the mids scooped like crazy - a huge dip in 800hz - and I understand it sounds awesome in the bedroom but gets lost in the gig.  I've never used the "black" patch live due to its lack of mids.  I used it on a recording where I double-tracked the guitars with a midrangey Slayer-ish tone in the left speaker and "black" on the right speaker.  When I first recorded my recent album, I used black and panned it dead center.  It sounded cool but the clarity wasn't there so I panned it 100% right and took a second midrangey tone and panned it 100% left.  The two tones fit together great.  Even so, both guitars registered about the same db level but the midrangey guitar still sounded louder.  Moral of the story - definitely add some midrange because I'm pretty sure "Alex" is scooped as well.

+1 :thumb-up:

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #22 on: Time Format »

I see what u mean... it is a 'RECORDING OUT' jack which in theory would have very little natural volume and would need to be sent into another amp head or powered PA head/board.   I will try this at my next gig..... I used the Tritube 75 for my last 2 gigs, and while the chorusy cleans were awesome I felt the overdrives [Alex patch and Blackened patch] really getting lost in the mix.....

Will let u know how that plays out.
As MJMP says, the recording out will be line level designed to go into a poweramp > speaker or into a desk/PA, question is is the recording out cab simulated, coz if it's not cab simulated (MP2s have cab sim outs), then you need poweramp > guitar speaker, if it is, you need desk/PA or pweramp > PA speaker. Since this is pretty much an MP2 mounted in a combo set up ?.... The record out(s is there 1 or 2 ?) are likely to be cab simulated, that said it's easy to find out, if when you pug it through desk/PA it sounds way too bright/toppy it's not been cab sim'd and better to go power amp > guitar cab (if it sounds a bit dull no tops through guitar cabs, then it's probably cab sim'd).

To cut through a live mix, try adding presence (it's a 6khz boost), and also, if your MP2 has the room eq knob ? turn up for more mids and cut, turn down to sound bassy, this control changes the sound quite a bit, helps (designed to) adapt to different stage acoustics e.g. live surfaces, toppy, lots of polished things (turn down), to muffled carpeted/sound proofed (turn up)
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

dbjacobson2112

« Reply #23 on: Time Format »

Thanks guys, great advice.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #24 on: Time Format »

No worries, hope it helps  :wave:
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few