ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Let us never forget our beloved founder - RIP Jurrie, we all miss you very much

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Greetings from Poland  (Read 4154 times)

Aelfad

Greetings from Poland
« on: Time Format »

Hi,

I've been a long time MP-1 user. Bought an original unit (made in 1987) around 1996. It had v1.38 software until a couple of years ago when MarshallJMP modded it to the 3 Tube Mode. I've actually taken some time off from it replacing it in my rack with Digitech DSP1101 which is a great unit but I'm longing after the preamp saturation that I haven't been able to squeeze out of 1101. I still haven't made the change but the day is coming! 1101 will stay in my rack as an exceptional FX unit which I will use to control the MP-1 by means of the 4-cable method.

My other gear includes Digitech Control 2 foot controller, BBE 462 Sonic Maximizer, Carvin 100 tube poweramp, Marshall 1960 4x12 cab, and poorly Kahler-retrofitted LTD-207.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
Re: Greetings from Poland
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Hey Aelfad, welcome to the depot  :wave:
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

Greetings Aelfad, and welcome to the Depot!! Sounds like a very nice rig  :thumb-up:

:postpics:

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

Welcome  :thumb-up:

Aelfad

« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

Thanks guys! Actually, I was here on the board some years ago but I can't even remember my previous nick!
Greetings Aelfad, and welcome to the Depot!! Sounds like a very nice rig  :thumb-up:
:postpics:
Oh, As soon as I put MP-1 back into my rig, I'll definitely post some pics.
Also I will need an additional EQ to sculpt the preamp's sound to my liking. Without one,
I've always found the EQ section of MP-1 a bit crude.

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook
« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

Welcome Aelfad hopefully you get a lot of use out of this forum same way I have.

I recently gained some Polish relatives in these last few months, my brother married a Polish girl so that was pretty cool!

What kind of music are you playing?  Are you familiar with bands like KAT and Turbo?  Just asking  :thumb-up:
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

Aelfad

« Reply #6 on: Time Format »

Welcome Aelfad hopefully you get a lot of use out of this forum same way I have.

Thank you! Throughout my years of lurking I've already gotten a lot, starting with 3 Tube Mod :-)

I recently gained some Polish relatives in these last few months, my brother married a Polish girl so that was pretty cool!

Nice!

What kind of music are you playing?  Are you familiar with bands like KAT and Turbo?  Just asking  :thumb-up:

With my old band we used to play thrash and we recorded an album in the mid-90s where I used a stock MP-1 into an 80s Marshall bass amp which happened to work better for that purpose than JCM 900. But still I gotta admit: my friend's JMP-1 in the other channel sounded tighter and had a bit more gain. Then we switched to a nu-metal/Tool-inspired band. For the last 10 years I've only occasionally played live gigs, mostly spending time in a rehearsal room playing anything from Alice in Chains to Morbid Angel, no hair metal :-)

Both Kat and Turbo are the staples of Polish metal so I know them quite well. However, no band is more awesome than Decapitated. Great guys and superb musicians. Vogg is such a nice guy so it's a shame what they went thru last year. In fact, I'm going to their gig in a couple of weeks!

vansinn

« Reply #7 on: Time Format »

Hey and welcome.
Over the years I've met quite a lot of Polish people, and gotten into the Polish music scene.
I bought an album from Weidek (not his real name), whom I met on sevenstring.org. He agreed to shop the Koma album with the yellow pattern across it (forgetting the name) and send it along in the package - I'm actually wearing one of his T-shirts today ;)
I learned about Koma from Sylwia Urban's Cisza i Ogien play-through.
I ought to mention Polish films and other artists too, but names eludes me..

Do you have a channel somewhere?

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #8 on: Time Format »

Thank you! Throughout my years of lurking I've already gotten a lot, starting with 3 Tube Mod :-)

Nice!

With my old band we used to play thrash and we recorded an album in the mid-90s where I used a stock MP-1 into an 80s Marshall bass amp which happened to work better for that purpose than JCM 900. But still I gotta admit: my friend's JMP-1 in the other channel sounded tighter and had a bit more gain. Then we switched to a nu-metal/Tool-inspired band. For the last 10 years I've only occasionally played live gigs, mostly spending time in a rehearsal room playing anything from Alice in Chains to Morbid Angel, no hair metal :-)

Both Kat and Turbo are the staples of Polish metal so I know them quite well. However, no band is more awesome than Decapitated. Great guys and superb musicians. Vogg is such a nice guy so it's a shame what they went thru last year. In fact, I'm going to their gig in a couple of weeks!

Cool I was hoping you had heard of those bands.  I have posted their albums in the "what are listening to this week thread" a number of times.

Unfortunately I detest extreme metal in all it's forms so "Decapitated"  are no "Destroyers" in my book  :lol:  But still it's cool to have a Polish MP1 user.  I'm a purist, sorry about that.

Before I gained the Polish relatives I visited Krakow a few years ago.  It was awesome.  Unfortunately everyone stared at me a lot and made me very uncomfortable but I still enjoyed my time there.  Moustach and bandanas must not be acceptable over there haha!!  The food, the vodka and the beautiful sunshine (it was like 36 degrees Celsius most days) were fantastic by the way.  I will go back some day.  I am now big fan of Zubrowka vodka and also Orzech Laskowy.

Say do you know any good places that might have rare Polish metal releases?  I am after a few albums that appear to be deleted and are f**king hard to get.  If you do please let me know.  Dziękuję, przyjacielu  :thumb-up:

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50

Aelfad

« Reply #9 on: Time Format »

the Koma album with the yellow pattern across it (forgetting the name)

I guess it's "Hipertrofia" (BTW it's Coma). It's a nice band, but they are all over the place and it's hard for me to like everything they do. Like their latest album, which is due very soon and which consists of covers of songs from children movies. Like, what the hell???

Sylwia Urban's Cisza i Ogien play-through.

I had to look it up. Oh, she does a great job with this solo. Superb feel.

Do you have a channel somewhere?

Never got around to set it up. I hate poorly recorded videos in dark bedrooms, so first I would have to invest in some equipment to show off whatever I can do (which is not much). Eventually, I'll do it and I'll play some obscure metal riffs and the famous ones which nobody figured out how to play (like the first bar of Blackened).

Cool I was hoping you had heard of those bands.  I have posted their albums in the "what are listening to this week thread" a number of times.

Wow! I haven't seen that thread - must visit it.

Unfortunately I detest extreme metal in all it's forms so "Decapitated"  are no "Destroyers" in my book  :lol:  But still it's cool to have a Polish MP1 user.  I'm a purist, sorry about that.

You don't need to be sorry - it's the diversity that makes us all interesting to talk to each other. Actually, Destroyers is the band I completely forgot about, maybe it's because I couldn't stand how out of tune and out of time they played, ha, ha, ha! :-)

Unfortunately everyone stared at me a lot and made me very uncomfortable but I still enjoyed my time there.  Moustach and bandanas must not be acceptable over there haha!!

Really? It's usually bigger cities where people don't care about others' looks, but Cracow? I live in a small town but we've had rock and metal bands (and their fans by the same token) since late 80's so even here you wouldn't be a stranger. Anyways, sorry for your experience!

Say do you know any good places that might have rare Polish metal releases?  I am after a few albums that appear to be deleted and are f**king hard to get.  If you do please let me know.  Dziękuję, przyjacielu  :thumb-up:

There's an auction website that's bigger than Amazon and eBay altogether down here, www.allegro.pl. In the Polish metal department there are over 4,000 CDs sold. https://allegro.pl/kategoria/metal-polski-52738?order=m&bmatch=baseline-n-dict-sort-sqm-cul-1-4-0131 Check it out and if you want something, PM me (does private messaging work on this board?) and we'll work out the details.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #10 on: Time Format »

Yes private messaging does work  :thumb-up: .  Email notifications e.g. a new reply to a post/thread you are watching and when you are sent a PM works for some, come and goes for others, no idea why.  Click your MY MESSAGES tab (which displays a number when you have new unread messages).
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #11 on: Time Format »

Excellent!!  I will check that website out, thanks for the recommendation.  I may find something I am after so long as I can get the page translated.

No need to apologise for the staring I received in Krakow, not your fault!

Hahaha I really love the Destroyers albums.  Never noticed the out of tune much other than in some of the demo tracks on the cd re release.  Their singer is great.  There is nothing wrong with their timing or tunefulness on this album that's for sure  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_bDVZIAr-0  Excellent thrash.

Also discovered these guys last year too.  Sounds like they used drum pads on the recording though as many bands did in the late 80's early 90's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHlIgu2bF2Y

Pages: [1]   Go Up