ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Let us never forget our beloved founder - RIP Jurrie, we all miss you very much

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: What the hell is that?! Possible "prototype"?  (Read 15329 times)

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
Re: What the hell is that?! Possible "prototype"?
« Reply #15 on: Time Format »

EDIT: Perhaps this discussion is best split off to a separate thread.. :dunno:

To my knowledge, from talks with Jur and SAN back then around and after the time when Jur had gotten diagnosed with cancer and gave me the ADADepot, Jur bought complete drawers with spare parts sometime after ADA had been reported gone from the scene.
Jur did not buy these from ADA, but rather from John Nady.

ADA and Nady had arranged that ADA could use some of Nady's unused ware house space.
Once the ADA stuff were inside Nady's space, John Nady, allegedly with police present, simply refused ADA access to his ware house, and thus ADA lost these drawers, which included some paperworks too.
Later, Jur contacted John Nady, whom quite willingly sold-off those drawers to Jur; IIRC, to the tune of some $600 or so..

What in my humble opinion took place was that John Nady were in contact with other parties who would love to see ADA disappear - because at this point, halfways everybody known on the scene were using ADA gear.
Thus, some random European buying the spare parts came as a blessing to "them", whoever "they" might've been..
Methinks "they" would likely have been some Hormone Group sitting, or about to position themselves, at the top of the gear/software music industry, later to buy up a number of other bizzes in order to control the market.
Cry out the modern buzz phrase conspiracy theory if you will..

I met John Nady a long time ago and didn't care for his attitude. His stuff was junk back then. Everyone is still pretty tight-lipped about what happened to ADA back then.
I only have two brain cells left, ...and I'm saving them for the weekend!

vansinn

« Reply #16 on: Time Format »

EDIT: Perhaps this discussion is best split off to a separate thread.. :dunno:

To my knowledge, from talks with Jur and SAN back then around and after the time when Jur had gotten diagnosed with cancer and gave me the ADADepot, Jur bought complete drawers with spare parts sometime after ADA had been reported gone from the scene.
Jur did not buy these from ADA, but rather from John Nady.

ADA and Nady had arranged that ADA could use some of Nady's unused ware house space.
Once the ADA stuff were inside Nady's space, John Nady, allegedly with police present, simply refused ADA access to his ware house, and thus ADA lost these drawers, which included some paperworks too.
Later, Jur contacted John Nady, whom quite willingly sold-off those drawers to Jur; IIRC, to the tune of some $600 or so..

What in my humble opinion took place was that John Nady were in contact with other parties who would love to see ADA disappear - because at this point, halfways everybody known on the scene were using ADA gear.
Thus, some random European buying the spare parts came as a blessing to "them", whoever "they" might've been..
Methinks "they" would likely have been some Hormone Group sitting, or about to position themselves, at the top of the gear/software music industry, later to buy up a number of other bizzes in order to control the market.
Cry out the modern buzz phrase conspiracy theory if you will..

I met John Nady a long time ago and didn't care for his attitude. His stuff was junk back then. Everyone is still pretty tight-lipped about what happened to ADA back then.

They were liquidated by forces who wanted them off the scene, and Nady was merely the useful applied catalyst; it is as simple as this..

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #17 on: Time Format »

@Harley, well actually he does  :lol: he still loves the ADA gear and it seems to have some sentimental value to him. He was very passionate about it and it's still in his showroom,like a full stack bass and guitar rig.

@Van, Jur did indeed got all the paperwork from Nady, that's correct but never any parts. The parts came from mojotone. They had in some way acquired all the parts from ADA (don't ask me how).I bought up their MP-1,MP-2 transformer stock and some front panels. They had tons of ADA leftovers which was thrown away in the end. Should have bought a lot more when I had the chance. Jur only sold eproms that I made for him, some red pedal buttons and jacks.(as far as I can remember).For the rest he bought a lot of ADA gear off eBay and then he resold it to me (and sometimes just gave it to me).That's why I have so much ADA stuff  :lol:

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #18 on: Time Format »

Hmmm,

That makes me wonder if there are still any parts left at mojotone. Probably not, but nothing to lose by asking

Harley 8)
I only have two brain cells left, ...and I'm saving them for the weekend!

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #19 on: Time Format »

No harm in asking I guess! But I think they don't have anything anymore. This was more then 10 years ago.

vansinn

« Reply #20 on: Time Format »

Geez.. so many versions of what happened..
I'd almost (but not on oath) swear the above is what Jur told me about where parts came from.
Oh well  :dunno:

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #21 on: Time Format »

Van I'm pretty sure this is what it is but again I could be wrong  :lol: Been a long time ago.

StanSki

• Wherever you go, there you are.
    • The Cult Ov Moros
« Reply #22 on: Time Format »

Wow! This is all an awesome read. I never knew all that stuff about Nady and Mojotone, the whole warehouse fiasco and stuff. I wouldn't put it past these conglomos to try to snuff a good company that makes a great product and holds a large share of the market through outstanding products. It seems in today's political climate, nothing remains a "conspiracy theory" for long as it is usually based on fact and can be proven with the proper methods.

So this little ol' pedal most likely could be a piece of ADA history in the development of the Viper foot control pedal. That's pretty cool.  :thumb-up: I'm going to find a clear display box of some sort to keep it in and give it a prominent place on a shelf in The Green Room. It's definitely an interesting conversation piece for sure now.

Thanks for the interest errabody!  :banana-trip:
They say the eyes are the windows of the soul. I beg to differ. It's the ears , man. The ears.

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #23 on: Time Format »

Well Stanski,thanks for posting this,now I know what the pedal I have can be used for.I had it for a long time without knowing what it was used for. :thumb-up:

Kim

• Administrator
  • If it's too Loud...you're gonna get more of THAT.
« Reply #24 on: Time Format »

Some additional pics of this particular pedal I've taken for another member in a different thread.  Should put them here as well:

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up