ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note "Depot New Registrations Temporarily Suspended" Please see discussions for how to register.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Old Depot Site Rebuild (go Griphook)  (Read 6339 times)

peoriashows

• Dude
Old Depot Site Rebuild (go Griphook)
« on: Time Format »

Does anyone remember the story of how Jurrie ended up getting all the ADA schematics? I remember reading it on the old Depot many years back. Please share if you have that archived somewhere.
« Last Edit: Time Format by peoriashows »

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
Re: Old Depot Site Rebuild (go Griphook)
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Well all the schematics ended up with me, he gave them to me just before he passed away. But he didn't buy or get them from one person, he got them from all over the place from what I can tell by the addresses on the envelopes. He also bought a lot of ADA gear to test out , he made also sound samples of each unit he had plus a lot of pics. And also most of those units ended up with me, even broken and in pieces. I restored every unit I got from him (mostly fx units) .
There are only a few schematics either incomplete or missing.

We really should try to find that old site and make a separate section like he did on the old forum. Maybe we could retrieve some from the away machine (or what ever it's called).

Griphook

• Less is more? More is more!
« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

If there really is something like a turned off machine, broken/corrupted Filesystem or sth. like that, I'd like to try myself on it.Working in the IT-Branch and currently studying informatics/computer science.
There should be ways to get back corrupted Files.. maybe..

peoriashows

• Dude
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

Definitely! Jurrie we truly an amazing guy! I'll never forget the first time I stumbled on the ADA Depot site. Honest to God, I thought it was the real manufacturer's website because I wasn't aware the company was out of business.  It was extremely detailed and professional looking!

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

Do we still have the original drives? I know they were shipped to someone?

peoriashows

• Dude
« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

Do we still have the original drives? I know they were shipped to someone?

Maybe Sander? Wasn't he very close friends with Jurrie and lived near to him?

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #6 on: Time Format »

I think San shipped them to Van Sin?

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #7 on: Time Format »

My understanding was San had the old drives and tried to rebuild the site, the way back files are patchy (Grip you can start hear (http://web.archive.org/web/20040216064642/http://www.adadepot.com:80/adagear/main.htm)), allot of the technical stuff, manuals  schematics are missing ie links go no where), it would be nice to download all the pages and reassemble the original depot, we have the CD and much of the stuff that's missing, and we have posted as much as we can to the schematics, manuals & mods area(s).
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Griphook

• Less is more? More is more!
« Reply #8 on: Time Format »

If I understand it correctyl:

The old depot kinda exists here: "http://web.archive.org/web/20040402062007/http://adadepot.com:80/cool_things/main.htm"
But the Files, like manuals, schematics etc, are not reachable and may be found on the disks San should have?

It shouldnt be much of a issue to recreate the old depot with the existing htm-Files in the archive... I think

Maybe we should start a new thread for "Rebuilding/recapturing the old depot"?

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #9 on: Time Format »

Hey Grip,  :thumb-up: , the old pages need to be downloaded (individually) and reassembled into a working web site and we need to put the correct files at the end of the links in those pages (redo the links etc).  We have the majority of the files we need for this part (we have put them (made them accessible) in the schematics mods area).  I've been thinking to do this for a while now but never had the bandwidth to actually do it.  If you are up for it I'm happy to help  :thumb-up: :wave:

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #10 on: Time Format »

What would be needed to get this done? Webhosting?

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #11 on: Time Format »

Hey MJMP, each of the pages available from way back machine need to be "individually" downloaded/saved and reassembled/linked as a stand alone web site, then all the links in those pages to schematics manuals etc need to be redone to point to the correct files (which by and large we have and can put in place), basically rebuild the depot from scratch but use what we can from what's there (on the way back site).  Once it's done, we just replace the whole current depot site with the new structure and like it always was, have a button that takes you to this forum.  The forum was always just an element of the site.  The web hosting can stay the same, we just need to change what www.adadepot.com points to, in this case it would point to the old (re gigged) home page which leads to the gear pages etc) and includes a button (link) to the current forum.  Web hosting doesn't need to change, just what we put there (at the end of the link (ie www.adadepot.com)) does.

peoriashows

• Dude
« Reply #12 on: Time Format »

Wow! It's cool seeing that archived page. I had totally forgot about the rig pictures and the "new old stock" section. What company was selling that stuff?  It's probably a good bet they have nothing left by now.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #13 on: Time Format »

There were ADA bits around the world with all the different distributors, it would be good to bring them all together, though not an easy task I suspect  :facepalm:

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #14 on: Time Format »

The EU stock was a company in Brussels, he was the EU distributor for ADA. The US stock, not sure anymore but I think it was Nady. Jur bought all the ADA paperwork from Nady. Before he passed away he gave it all to me.

Mojotone also had a large inventory of ADA surplus parts and one day they threw it all away. I did buy as much as could  back then. But that's long gone.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up