ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Lets get Technical > All Things Tube All about preamp and power amp Tubes.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: How long have you had your MP-1?  (Read 11771 times)

DannyjoeCarter

• Dannyjoe Carter
Re: How long have you had your MP-1?
« Reply #15 on: Time Format »

Mmm, New Sensor Mullards LPs come to mind LoL, but a damn good question DjC. Well a couple of tequila shots for the guitarist (the one with the red Mexican hat on the lid, Sierra ??, not the best tequila taste wise but crap, it just makes me want to play  :whoohoo!: :dunno: ). Unfortunately, on this journey, you don't get to "impart" your vibe on a blank new/fresh unit, the ones you have have gone where they have with their previous owners (this may sound like ugga bugga but I recon there's something in it...), over time they will (I recon) change to be more aligned with you.  For now my suggested approach (makes sense to me) is to modernise the components as best you can and get them all (to the extent possible) solid. Pick the couple that you like the best and then work them and get you/your essence into them. You commented elsewhere that you didn't feel confident taking any of these MP1s' gigging yet, this IMHO needs to change, you need to get a few (at least 2) of these to the point where that isn't an issue. Gigging is what the MP1 is designed for (and needs!!!).

Yes this is why I'm so glad to have found this forum and MJMP so I can get out and do what I love to do using the tone that started a lot of what I do. :banana: And as I mentioned in another thread that currently I'm not even using an MP-1 due to these issues and am getting my tone from some place else but hoping that changes when we get this first unit back from MJMP  ;D
Owner of DeJayce Guitars
www.dejayce-guitars.com
www.youtube.com/dannyjoecarter
www.Faceb**k.com/dannyjoe.carter

Rockhead!

« Reply #16 on: Time Format »

I've had my mp-1 since 1995.  I bought it used in the US and found a company in the UK which used to do the transformer mods, who of course are sadly no longer doing this.  It has never been serviced or had the internal battery changed. Touch wood, it will keep going for alot longer  ;)
Gear

Mp-1, 2x Mp-1 Classics, Mp-2, JMP-1, mc-1, mpc, Art Ultrafoot, 4x Intellifex, 3x Digitech Ips 33b, Digitech Dhp 33, 3x Bbe sonic Maximizers, 2x Art Alpha's, 2x Art Sgx & Drx, Digitech Trs 12, Digitech Legend and a whole bunch of other stuff that's far too long to list!

Guitars

Ibanez Jem 777 VSK (Super Clean and Super rare)
Ibanez Jem 77 GMC
Ibanez Jem 77FP
Fender SRV Strat
Fender Mag 7 Elite USA Strat Flame top 2 tone sb, custom 16" Radius ss Frets
Fender 40th Anniv USA Strat 2 tone sb
Fender 50th Anniv USA Strat Flame top 3 tone sb
Fender 60th Anniv USA Strat 2 tone sb
Fender American STD USA Strat 3 tone sb
Fender American Elite Telecaster tsb

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #17 on: Time Format »

Hey Rockhead!, they are very robust units.  I suspect you'll need a new battery soon though, they (unfortunately) don't last forever albeit much longer than specked in the manual. If you haven't done so already, write all your patches (that you like and want to keep) down somewhere safe.  When the battery dies, you loose all the saved patches.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Rockhead!

« Reply #18 on: Time Format »

Rnolan, thanks for the heads up!  I certainly will write down my patches.  I am hoping to pick up another MP-1 as a back up to this one (can never have too many mp-1's) just incase.  I know that i can do a midi dump with my Classics and MP-2.  Is this also possible to do on the original mp-1's?  If it ends up needing a service i know that i'll be sending it to MJMP.
Gear

Mp-1, 2x Mp-1 Classics, Mp-2, JMP-1, mc-1, mpc, Art Ultrafoot, 4x Intellifex, 3x Digitech Ips 33b, Digitech Dhp 33, 3x Bbe sonic Maximizers, 2x Art Alpha's, 2x Art Sgx & Drx, Digitech Trs 12, Digitech Legend and a whole bunch of other stuff that's far too long to list!

Guitars

Ibanez Jem 77 GMC
Ibanez Jem 77FP
Fender SRV Strat

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #19 on: Time Format »

The later MP-1 firmware (EPROM v 2.01) supports some midi dump and load.  Also there are some PC editors written (a couple of them are available on here) which let you dump/restore and also edit patches. The last one posted here was written in .net so is windows only.  Also you'll need a midi interface for your PC (sound card or I/O device or USB midi interface).

"(can never have too many mp-1's) just incase>:D :thumb-up: . I think most here would agree with you LoL. A few years ago I started buying spare MP-2s (and now have 4) as these units are getting on in life.  That said, there's a few things you can do to keep them going (lots of posts and threads related to that).

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #20 on: Time Format »

Like Rn said you need either a V2.00 or V2.01 to do a midi dump, the older V1.xx don't support midi dumps.

Rockhead!

« Reply #21 on: Time Format »

Ah ok, thanks for the info guys.
Gear

Guitars

Ibanez Jem 77 GMC
Ibanez Jem 77FP
Fender SRV Strat

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook
« Reply #22 on: Time Format »

I got my first unit about 2014 or 2015 I think.  If someone can find my first posts on here then that will give you a clue as to when I got my first unit.  I then sold this and got a 3TM early 2016 I think.  May that was in 2015?  f*ck I dunno!

There was a question though that DannyjoeCarter mentioned that aint been answered yet.  Who owns the oldest unit???  Can we work this out with serial numbers or something?  That would be good to know.

Not who bought one first, who owns the actual oldest most originalist unit?
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #23 on: Time Format »

yes we can figure this out with the serial numbers.

Kim

• Administrator
  • If it's too Loud...you're gonna get more of THAT.
« Reply #24 on: Time Format »

Not who bought one first, who owns the actual oldest most original unit?

I seem to recall Chucky had a v1.37 or something like that.....earlier than the v1.38. 

(It didn't have a transformer in it either....just a small mouse in a wheel)     ;)   kidding.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #25 on: Time Format »

We did do a bit of a serial number thing ages ago, not that we were definitively looking for who had the earliest, more just trying to age our/the unit.  Now oldest AND most original (that's slowly becoming an oxymoron  :facepalm: ) Things wear out unfortunately....

dmax

« Reply #26 on: Time Format »

I picked up my ADA MP-1 new in July 1989.  It is ver. 1.38 and the SN is 807026.
I also bought an ADA MC-1 footswitch (SN 015554) at the same time.  However, it was stolen in the early ‘90’s.
ADA MP-1
Marshall 9005
Marshall 1936 2X12
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up