• Welcome to ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear.

News:

Need a Schematic? Check the Vault *MP-1 Classic Schematics Just Added!!

Main Menu

GMaj2 blown fuse

Started by rnolan, February 13, 2017, 03:26:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeB

That's good news. Hopefully the part will arrive this week and I can get it back together next weekend. I'll let you know how it goes. Glenn is pretty sure that everything will else was ok.  What sort of thing might cause the Q2 to blow? Dirty power from the generator?
Thanks for your help.  :waving-banana-smiley-emoticon
I don't feel tardy!

MarshallJMP

MikeB

So,  from $50 plus shipping just to get it looked at to $80 for a new power supply and then in the end spend only $6 on a MOSFET and a diode. Not a bad result. The g-major2 is back in business. Many thanks for your help.  :banana-guitar:
I don't feel tardy!

MarshallJMP

great ,let's hope it stays running, sometimes with these PSU's there more too it and sometimes not.If it stays running after a week you'll be fine.

rnolan

All good, sounded great last night  :whoohoo!: didn't bat an eyelid.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

MarshallJMP

Ok then it will keep running I guess.

MarshallJMP

The other guitar player in my band also has a G major with a blown PSU. Also blew up the fet but also a cap.

MikeB

Well, if it's a design flaw then I'm glad I had to buy six of everything.
I don't feel tardy!

MarshallJMP

From what I can tell the blown cap was the reason the MOSFET blew up. I saw a small crack on the outside of the cap, so I checked it with my LCR meter and it was busted.

Iperfungus

If it's a design flaw, I hope it's related to GMaj2 only....since I've the older GMaj...  :lol: :lol: :lol:
On the run again!

Iperfungus

Quote from: MarshallJMP on June 30, 2017, 03:35:23 PM
The other guitar player in my band also has a G major with a blown PSU. Also blew up the fet but also a cap.

Being your friend, he's a very lucky asshole.  :lol: :lol: :lol:
On the run again!

MarshallJMP

Quote from: Iperfungus on July 01, 2017, 08:16:20 AM
If it's a design flaw, I hope it's related to GMaj2 only....since I've the older GMaj...  :lol: :lol: :lol:

It was the older G major  >:D  Seems to be a common problem. Anyway I'm waiting for the parts to come in but he already bought another G major.So when it's fixed he will use it for his home rig.

rnolan

Does that mean it becomes a GMinor  :dunno: :lol:
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Iperfungus

Quote from: rnolan on July 03, 2017, 02:49:18 AM

:lol: :lol: :lol:
On the run again!

MarshallJMP

Quote from: rnolan on July 03, 2017, 02:49:18 AM

Hahahahahahaha :thumb-up: