• Welcome to ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear.

ADA MT100 Trimpots?

Started by Dna^Yay, April 19, 2017, 07:21:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dna^Yay

So opened up my newly purchased MT100, going to change the tubes inside from a National 12AX7A/ECC83 Made In China and Electro Harmonix 12AX7EH to probably some Mullards that I already have in my MP-1. Noticed there was 2 trimpots on the board, I have downloaded the manual and obviously there is no information on the trimpots.

Wanted to see what they did before I tamper with them and what are your guys experiences with the amp, any issues, recommended improvements etc?

MarshallJMP

Those trimpots are bias pots for the mosfets, best to leave them like they are, don't start messing with these unless you have a problem and you know what you're doing.
See attached pdf for more info.

Dna^Yay

Ok I wont touch them.

Also quick question, am I right in thinking I can run my MP1 in stereo through this providing each cab I am sending it too is between 4-16ohms? Current 2x12 I have is a Laney IRT which is 8ohms, so using the mono bridged at the moment but I need to test output B to see if the amp is working correctly. It says 4 ohms minimum, so as long as I am not putting it into a 2ohm cab it should be ok?

MarshallJMP

Normally if it works in bridge mode it will work in stereo.In bridge mode you also use the A and B amps.
Yep 4 is the minimum.