ADA Preamps > MP-2

Recreating the clean channel on the ADA MP-2 with pedals

(1/3) > >>

INRI:
Good evening ladies and gents, I have a question: what amp/pedals would you use to try to recreate the sound of the mp-2s clean channel?

Ive had an obsession with it for quite some time now, but its hard to get my hands on one. Esoecially since when they are used they could die on me suddenly with no warranty. Id love to hear what you guys think would work best.

This is equipment I have, that I think could work:
AMP: Since it uses 12Ax7 tubes id guess a Marshall would be the closest. Or what do you guys think? I have a Vox AC15, which could maybe work.

Compression: MXR curspm comp
EQ: empress paraeq
Chorus: I have an MXR analog chorus, which is basically like a CE2.

My references: the clean sounds on
- Tragedies blows at horizon - Immortal
- Love you to death - Type O negstive (the end)
- Visionaire - Tiamat

Harley Hexxe:
Hey INRI

The MP-2 has two EQ sections one is four band parametric, the other is ten band graphic. The chorus I believe is from delay modulation, I could be mistaken about that, MJMP would know for sure.

The MP-2 has a couple of clean tube voicings in its Crystal Clean sounds a lot like a Fender amp with boosted lows, low mids, and high mids. If you used your Marshall on a clean setting, with your compressor and EQ, it might get you close.

You basically have to start with a clean amp that has a full range tone and boost the mid frequencies, then adjust the lows and highs to suit your taste

rnolan:
Hey INRI, I've attached a pdf version of all the MP-2 factory settings so you can see the eq settings etc.  I colour coded the voices and sorted them in voice order (MP-2 has 10 voice settings).  As Harley says, you probably want the crystal clean as a starting point.  My main clean sound is based on crystal clean see https://adadepot.com/index.php?topic=126.0 as another alternative.  Basically tubes very clean (lower drive settings), compressor, eq and chorus.  The other big influence is PUs and guitar volume settings. 

Hope this helps get you what you want.  The Vox may work better than the Marshall as they are pretty clean amps.  :wave:

Harley Hexxe:
Hey Richard,

I thought about the Vox, but opted for the Marshall since the Vox is usually kind of muddy in the normal channel, and a bit shrill in the boost channel. You can dial in a fairly neutral clean tone with the Marshall at low settings, and it sounds close to a Fender but with a little more midrange. Just my opinion though.

rnolan:
Hey Harley, I suspect you are right, I've not heard the vox, I vaguely recall an AC 30 and it was quite clean.  My '73 Marshall is very clean until you wind up the vol pot quite a bit, and then you can't be in the same room if you don't want to damage your hearing (which I've done over the years).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version