ADA Preamps > MP-2

RIP Ada. I give up.

<< < (3/3)

rnolan:
Wow, this is bad news  :facepalm: .  Fortunately my live MP2 has never had an issue since I bought it new way back when.  Although the first unit I got didn't make it through its first gig, didn't even get to start the show.  Luckily Mike lived just up the road and went home and grabbed his MP1 for me.  So that unit got swapped for the one I still have.  Only issues I've ever had with it is it goes all crazy running off dodgy generators (which I fixed with a battery UPS).  But the age of it all is what has led me to buying 3 more just in case...  They seem ok still, although the one I lent to Mike doesn't like his UPS but works fine off direct mains (go figure  :dunno: ).
@ Soloist, maybe check the ribbon cable is seated snugly, it can be an issue and if a decent tap gets it going, could be the culprit  :dunno: .

Hanneman213:

--- Quote from: losman26 on May 27, 2018, 04:08:33 PM ---I just don't have time to work on it. Effects loop was all of a sudden having volume problems too. I financed the el-34 5150 amp, which kicks ass. It will be here Wednesday and I think it is a much better amp, but the ADA served its purpose.

--- End quote ---

Sorry to Hear. Maybe It is a simple and cheap problem that you can manage it. I prefer not to use fx loop in ADA, I prefer Serial, Because obviously I use harmonizer or modulation effects. During my visit to USA, I observed a common thing that ''fixing'' is not a preference. People get another one. So I think an ''electronic devices fixing job'' is not developed in US. In my country (unfortunately Turkey) you can find a ''fixer'' in everyhood. You don't need to buy another earphone when the edge of the wire is damaged, you simply change the jack for 4+1 dollars.

But I know some problems with ADA continues with me like having a pop/bump noise when I switch Clean to crunch. I hope I can find the solution.

MarshallJMP:

--- Quote from: Soloist on May 30, 2018, 02:34:52 PM ---
--- Quote from: MarshallJMP on May 30, 2018, 01:08:53 PM ---Are you using the rear input on the MP-2 ,Soloist?

--- End quote ---
Yes, yes I am using the rear input.
Also it doesn't matter if the comp is on or off same with the gate. A firm tap over the lcd display area usually does the trick (for a little while anyways).

--- End quote ---

Maybe it's the front input jack, because the signal from the back is routed through a contact on the front input jack.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version