Non ADA Gear > Amps

Jackson JX3

<< < (2/2)

Soloist:

--- Quote from: MarshallJMP on August 10, 2017, 02:39:08 AM ---Nice I always thought these where solid state preamps?

--- End quote ---
I belive it mostly is,  the same way the JMP1 is. Tubes add some sizzle and warmth to it. However I think the JMP is more flexible.

rabidgerry:
@ Soloist

I could get a good deal on one of these at the moment, is it recommended man or what?

Soloist:
Yes that is the one that I have/had. It's not a high gain preamp and a bit too muddy for me. More like a mid gain. I can get heavier tones with my stock MP1. I ended up selling it and picking up a radial engineering tone bone hot british.  Amp in a pedal, classic 80's metal tone. I now use that to boost my MP1 into mega saturation.
I know the tones you like, unfortunately that jackson pre won't cut it. Your rock master and Mp1 will do a far better job. I would say save your coin for something better. Just my 2 cents.
BTW, when I used it, it was with my MT200 power amp, didn't get a chance to try it with my Mesa boogie 50/50. So it might have more growl with a tube power amp. To me it sounded more pop 80's than metal 80's.

rabidgerry:
Thanks man, you saved me some cash  8)

I thought that thing had metal written all over it.......................I guess not.  That's shred button is very misleading.

Ok so more gain with stock MP1, no prob's I'll leave it then.  I love my MP1s.  Back using a Rockmaster though in my home studio currently.  I chop and change, you know how it is  :thumb-up:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version