Other ADA Gear > Step On It!

Any ideas why my Quad switch ain't workin?

<< < (2/4) > >>

GuitarBuilder:
Sounds like a MIDI channel problem?  Did you try another foot controller with the GX-700?

Dante:
So...during my troubleshooting, I took the Quad switch apart. I found that the input jack has a small PCB on the back of it, and that it had turned a bit the last time I tightened up the nut on the jack. It had turned enough that the small PCB on the back of the jack was touching the large PCB that controls the Quad switch. I can't confirm that it was making any kind of connection, but I put a piece of electrical tape between the two to be safe and tightened up the jack while holding the tiny PCB straight.

When I put the box back together, the Quad switch works fine in my original GX-700. It still is not working in the one I just picked up recently. I'm assuming the second GX-700 is broken, but I want to try a few more things before I give up.

My midi channels are set the same, my id numbers are the same, etc. etc. Each patch has the correct CC commands to turn individual FX on/off, but for some reason, they're not receiving the message from the switch. There has to be a setting in there somewhere that I'm not finding (yet)

MarshallJMP:
Ok keep us updated.

Dante:
I fiddled with that 2nd unit for a loooong time last night, and read the entire manual. As far as I can tell, it's broken.

All my settings match from one machine to the other, I tried multiple variations of running the midi cable IN / THRU the 2nd unit to see if that has any effect at all - it doesn't. The 1st unit turns the FX on/off just fine every time, regardless of where the midi cable originates.

So, I think I will try using the quad switch to turn features on/off in the MP-2 for that rig. I won't be able to switch the delay on/off by itself, but I can turn all the FX on/off...that might work. The MP-2 still has a decent chorus, compressor, and a wah that I can control with the Quad switch. I should be able to get through a gig like that.

MarshallJMP:
And do the program changes work?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version