ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Lets get Technical > All Things Tube All about preamp and power amp Tubes.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: MP-1 got Noisy...  (Read 15434 times)

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook
Re: MP-1 got Noisy...
« Reply #15 on: Time Format »

time to fix this issue!

I tested front and back inputs they sound the same still have the noise.  Still have to check the tubers.

I cannot recall where I left off in the noise mod  MJMP I shall need your help on what it is left I have to do.  I'll send you a photo of the caps I have left over.
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #16 on: Time Format »

Well also send me a pic of the mp-1 pcb this way I can see both.

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #17 on: Time Format »

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #18 on: Time Format »

Ok, seems you need to replace C8,C2 and C1 on the tube board, also C16,12,13,7 and 6 on the tubeboard.

Then on the mainboard all the small caps near the voltage regulators (near the MDRT).

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #19 on: Time Format »

Just out of curiosity, those caps which I know I need to replace, they wouldn't cause the noise I'm getting right?

The noise is now so loud no guitar can be heard.

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #20 on: Time Format »

Well if one of those big caps on the tubeboard is busted you could get hum.

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #21 on: Time Format »

When you say big caps?  I replaced the big ones near the tranny so they should be good.  Or do you mean one of the smaller ones that I have yet to swap out?

The noise is actually insanse now I must record it and let you all hear it.

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #22 on: Time Format »

I mean the caps on the tubeboard, not the mainboard.

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #23 on: Time Format »

ok as the guide stops pretty suddenly it seem I have about 10caps I have no clue what to do with.  I started taking them out thinking I could just match them up with the right values...............WRONG!

you're going to have to help me out MJMP.  Will email ya.

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #24 on: Time Format »

Okay, I remember now, I gave you some extra caps not mentioned in the manual.

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #25 on: Time Format »

emailed you mjmp the caps you give me and hopefully you can tell me where they go.  Soon as I get those installed, we shall see if the noise is still there.  If the noise is still there, further investigation will be needed :thumb-up:

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #26 on: Time Format »

I send you the new updated manual but except for some caps the rest was also explained in the old manual.

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #27 on: Time Format »

I was hoping to update the manual also.

I'll do up a draft FINALLY, now I have some time to do other things than make an album :)  I have my life back again  :lol:

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #28 on: Time Format »

So replaced the caps on the tube board and tested.

Strangely the insane noise I was getting the last time I tested, which was louder than the actual guitar signal"!!!!  is gone....................

seems a bit strange to me as this noise was crazy loud.  I wonder did opening and taking the guts out move something back to where it should have been?  The caps alone don't seem entirely responsible for the fix.

Who knows perhaps they are.  MP1 sounding f**king awesome!  Gonna rehearse with it today.

Will replace the last few caps tomorrow ones situated at the MDRT.

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #29 on: Time Format »

Well it could be, if one (or more) high voltage caps were bad then you get hum.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up