ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Lets get Technical > All Things Tube All about preamp and power amp Tubes.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New and Ready from Charlie  (Read 4714 times)

charlie

• MP-1 and Quatraverb
New and Ready from Charlie
« on: Time Format »

Hi, New to the forum, name's Charlie, had my MP-1 for ever, although I use a Rocktron Voo Doo Valve as my guitar preamp love the EQ and low noise, I have a new use for the MP-1, and that is for my Hammond E100 and H100 organs, I plan to use the MP-1 coupled up with an Alesis Quadraverb, never had attempted this use of my old equipment with the Hammonds, I would like to rebuild the MP-1 as I will be rebuilding much of the organs internals, and doing both as a single project makes sense, why I don’t use the MP-1 for guitar, I hate unwanted noise in the circuit, I used the 2 channel HushTrush for noise reduction, but just got sick of all the dialing in it took to get my patch defined only to have to then dial in the Hush back in forth, the Voo Doo’s as you know have it all integrated in one design then just save the patch, well I found you guys some time ago and now see what you have been doing to tweak and reduce noise, and I would like to join in, need to ask for all you help, because I want my Organs to Scream like their being assaulted strait from Hell then saved by God, Charlie. 
« Last Edit: Time Format by charlie »
Hammond organs E100 H100, guitars GR55 RC300 VooDoo Valve, keyboards Motif XF8, Korg OW1, MP1 & Quadraverb mods to the Organs

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
Re: New and Ready from Charlie
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Welcome to the Depot, Charlie!

Your post cracked me up. I love guitar FX on Hammonds...mostly crybabys and crappy amps that distort. I can't wait to hear some of your stuff.

As for your distaste for the MP-1 as a guitar pre, just get a midi programmable FX device that has a gate and you'll be happy, I'm sure. My Quadraverb has served me well since I bought it brand new, but I always had a gate in the chain that would change with each patch...that's the only way to go.

Other options; an MP-1 Classic or an MP-2, each has a noise gate that you set per patch.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

Hi Charlie, depending on the output of your Hammonds, you could use the MP1 line in jack on the back of the unit, probably a better gain match than the front input and better signal to noise.  The MP1 patch 1 (Marshall) should give you close to the classic John Lord deep purple sound.  The quadverb has a hammond leslie effect also to simulate the spinning speaker 8)
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

Richard - Thanks for reminding me of that Leslie sound in the Quadraverb. I keep forgetting that's in there (I get stuck in my 'old standby' patches sometimes)

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

Let us know what we can do to help out.Love the sound of hammonds.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

A nice dose of Uriah Heap live, July Morning.... :whoohoo!:
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few
Pages: [1]   Go Up