Non ADA Gear > Amps

incoming EPIC NAD!! Mesa Boogie MkIV

(1/2) > >>

Systematic Chaos:
 :whoohoo!:
I still can't believe it! I just snagged THE amp of my wet dreams: a Mesa Boogie MkIV Short Head including the FU3 footswitch for the insanely inexpensive winning bid of 26.500JPY (that's 236USD/203€ only!!!)
Only minor grain of salt: no head shell/chassis and no tubes. But that's something I can easily live with. The plans/measurements for the head shells are out there and I'm already thinking of something in either Burgundy Snakeskin or Burgundy Paisley and a full set of tubes will be acquired in due time.
The missing head shell and tubes is made up for by the fact that this one has the Export tranny (wired for JPN 100V at the moment) which allows me to wire it it for 220/230/240V EU operation once I'm back in Germany.
I think I´ll crack open a bottle of bubbles for breakfast now......

rnolan:
Hey SC, very cool  :thumb-up: , but with no tubes, how do you know it works  :dunno:

Systematic Chaos:
I’ve serviced a fair share of MkIV amps in the past and this one will also get new PSU filter caps etc.
Then again, JPN mentality is all about honor and honesty, so I’m not sold any malfunctioning crap  8)

MarshallJMP:
Nice find, ... again  ;D

Peter H. Boer:
Good score.

You should crack open a Jever to celebrate  :beer:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version