Non ADA Gear > Amps

Trusty ol' Crate Powerblock

<< < (2/4) > >>

Soloist:
I hate it when that happens! :facepalm:
I had a similar issue last year, my G major 2 flaked out after soundcheck. Man I was pissed, had to do the whole gig with no effects.  >:( It was my ribbon cable on the Gmajor 2 worked it's way loose. Now I have my G Force to back it up and multiple preamps for back up. If all else fails my last line of defense is my gsp1101. Triple coverage! :metal:

MarshallJMP:
So Dante is there any life in the mp-2 ? Anyway what you describe sounds more then just a loose cable.

Dante:
SC & Soloist: Believe me, I had a friggin meltdown. I was so pissed. Thankfully, my band members are very very close friends, they talked me back from the cliff and I played that gig very well. Oddly, I finally got compliments on my playing and not my tone  :lol:

It was painful, I had to walk over to the amp to clean up the tone for Santaria. All the other songs were kinda 'classic rock' sounding...meh

Richard: I tried the GX-700 last night and would probably take the Crate's tone over that thing. YUK. Those gains are not great. Good FX though.

MJMP: It's working fine now. I don't get it.  :dunno:

I'm considering picking up another preamp just in case. If I could find another Peavey TubeFEX, which I sold  :facepalm:, it sounded damn good, almast as good as the MP2.

rnolan:
Hey Dante, I wondered if the GX-700 would cut it, I've not used one so  :dunno: . Need to get your Classic fixed, hopefully soon  :thumb-up: .

Another idea, again it may not be the issue ?? but worth the thought.  How decent was the power at the gig ?  MP-2s are a bit sensitive to fluctuating power and the symptoms you describe are "similar" to issues I was having when running off a generator, the unit would go haywire (often in the middle of a solo  :facepalm: ), the display would look like hieroglyphics and a bunch of leds came on.  Turning off and on again usually fixed it, then I bought a Battery UPS and it's been fine ever since.  Anyway worth asking the question.

MarshallJMP:
Dante, did you do something or did you just try it out?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version