ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note "Depot New Registrations Temporarily Suspended" Please see discussions for how to register.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Something Brutal this way commeth .  (Read 9803 times)

Hymnofotherspheres

Re: Something Brutal this way commeth .
« Reply #15 on: Time Format »

Unfortunately it sounds like issues in the MP1, I'm not convinced it's a transformer issue or you'd have no power at all.  Do the tubes light up (glow?), if so, my guess is it's not the tranny (MDRT is still a good idea though).  Again more MJMP/Sparker territory  :bow:   Get your tech to check it out, schematics etc on here to assist.  If you want to chase it through yourself (no doubt will need a multimeter), MJMP can talk you through it.
. Thanks , I spoke with him about it this afternoon , he's worked on them in the past so hopefully he can  solve the problem . I'll give him the suggestions you guys have offered and I told him about the schematics . The unit works fine when the ss presets are called up , but no functioning distortion presets . I get clean and effected clean only , as I also said  I, it must be turned on twice as the self diagnostic does not reinitialize it . Yes the tubes are heating , I put in a new set with the same results , no difference with the tube change .

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #16 on: Time Format »

You can give him my email if he has questions,maybe i can help out.

Hymnofotherspheres

« Reply #17 on: Time Format »

You can check if you have 190Vac on the red connector on the tubeboard.Or if you want to play safe,power off,pull the red connector off the tubeboard and measure the resistance.Should be below 800 ohms.
. Marshall , I've not been here for awhile. My tech now has my mp1 , he'll take a look at it this morning . I've given him your contact information as well . Although he's worked on mp1s previously , he'll contact the you if there's a problem he can't solve . Thank you for the assistance .

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #18 on: Time Format »

Ok no problem. :thumb-up:
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up