ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Temp "Time Format" issue Fix in Discussions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Battery probably dead, where to buy battery mod in canada  (Read 1825 times)

Whicker

I think my MP-1 has its original battery. Its going from C1 to C128 on start up and then flashes ERR 1, 2, 3. I would assume its the battery. Where is a good place to buy the battery mod and a battery in canada or that ships to canada (Mouser doesn't ship the battery).

thanks

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member

Hey Whicker, so I'm assuming that your unit starts up (albeit with the full check as you've described) then works but wont hold programs after you turn it off. I.e. dead battery.  So you need a CR2032 lithium button battery with either the solder lugs attached or a battery holder which you solder to the PCB and insert a CR2032 into it.  The battery holder (which is what you use to do the battery mod) needs to be the horizontal style and the solder lugs need to line up with the PCB holes (after you desolder the existing battery).  You can get them from an electronics shop (Jaycar is the shop we use in Australia).  It is also possible to get the CR2032 batteries with the solder lugs attached (similar to the one you'll remove).If you want to be certain, you can buy the mod kit (holder and battery) from MJMP (http://www.marshalljmpmodshop.net/miscellaneous_parts_and_replacement_tubes.htm) 6 Euros + shipping.  MJMP is in Belgium, he will ship to you, send him email from his web site or you can PM him on here.  You can also buy the last (latest) EPROM from MJMP if you don't have it already (v2.01, it has additional factory presets and midi store/load to PC functionality) See attached pdf
After changing the battery you'll need to re-load the factory programs (from the EPROM (ROM) into internal memory):Press Store (it will light) then Hold Bank + 1 (display will read Presets Loaded)
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Whicker

Yup, after the full cycle it works fine, albeit everything at 0 and I lose everything once it is turned off. Good to know that a CR2032 will work, the holder and battery seem easier to find than the ones stated in this http://adadepot.com/mods/ADA_MP-1_Battery_Mod.pdf. Ill see if any shops nearby have the holder and if not I will email MJMP. I do have the original 1.38 chip so getting the update wouldn't be a bad idea. I didn't know you could reload the presets, so that will come in handy!

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member

Cool, definitely battery then.  The original batteries went way longer than ADA predicted but are dying these days  :facepalm: Apart from a bunch more factory presets, the 2.01 EPROM lets you save and load to pc so you don't have to write down all your custom presets.

Whicker

Found holder and battery at a local electronics store for 5$ all together. Shes good as new! I am also ordering a eprom from MJMP so my MP-1 will be all up to date! Thanks for the help!
« Last Edit: Time Format by Whicker »

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member

Hey Whicker, good news for modern man  :whoohoo!: :thumb-up: .
Pages: [1]   Go Up