ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Lets get Technical > All Things Tube All about preamp and power amp Tubes.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NGD: Gibson Les Paul Classic  (Read 3491 times)

Duke of Metal

NGD: Gibson Les Paul Classic
« on: Time Format »

hi everyone... Well, the day has come... its been years since i've had an NGD (approx 12 years). Finally picked up a brand new Gibson Les Paul Classic.. I havent had a chance to plug it into an amp and crank it, but put it through my moddling head phone amp and mixer (Behringer V-amp2) and the guitar plays like a dream. I cant wait to Plug it into my Splawn Nitro and crank it.

Enjoy the view my friends

Duke of Metal

Re: NGD: Gibson Les Paul Classic
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

It'll keep its Epi LP Custom and Gibson Flying V friends good company  :metal:

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

Nice  :thumb-up: :whoohoo!: , how much are Classics these days?
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

Nice! what's the difference between a classic and a standard?

Duke of Metal

« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

Nice  :thumb-up: :whoohoo!: , how much are Classics these days?
Brand new range between $2500 and $3500.  They're definitly not cheap to have, BUT, for years i've always wanted to get one.. and i finally did.  Next one will be a LP Black Custom with Gold Hardware  ;D...

Duke of Metal

« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

Nice! what's the difference between a classic and a standard?
Thanks MJMP.. I think differences are how the body is chambered to relief some of the weight, the neck profile, pickups.  I tested 3 models a while back, standard, classic and studio.  The "real" studio weights a ton, but they sound nice.  Their colours are limited as well.  The Standard there was something about it I just couldnt get into, I could'nt pinpoint what it was, but what ever it was, the Classic didnt have that issue.

I may look at some Locking Tuners upgrade and possible pickup upgrade down the road, but for now, I'll enjoy it as is  ;D

Kim

• Administrator
  • If it's too Loud...you're gonna get more of THAT.
« Reply #6 on: Time Format »

Sweet axes, Duke! 

I never was able to "bond" with either the LP or the SG I had in the long past, unfortunately.   :(

Duke of Metal

« Reply #7 on: Time Format »

Sweet axes, Duke! 

I never was able to "bond" with either the LP or the SG I had in the long past, unfortunately.   :(
Thanks Kim.   I am kinda like you, except with pointy guitars. LOL.  I sold my Jackson King V to put the money towards this. It just wasnt getting the play time it deserved.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #8 on: Time Format »

MikeB has an earlier Classic he bought in London years ago, it isn't "comfort routed" (I think they call it) to make it lighter and also has the original  tulip machine heads.  You have a nice set of Grover machine-heads on yours so you probably will never need locking MHs. The Classics also come in that nice brown leather case, I don't think other models do  :dunno: .
I have a custom shop Jimmy Page No 1 reissue JPLP (only 850 made in 2006), it's an authorised replica of his 59 LP he bought from Joe Walsh way back, Joe had had the neck shaved (really nice neck profile).  Jimmy put on a set of gold Grovers which mine has (as is a replica).

The 59 LPs have a few degrees more neck angle than the Classic.  Here they are side by side.

Peter H. Boer

• 2* MB-1 1*MP-1 + Jur's old Mod4Mk2
    • The Granny Attic
« Reply #9 on: Time Format »

Cooooooool axes  8) 8) 8)
Nothing beats MB-1s and MP-1s with MDRTs

http://www.thegrannyattic.com
http://www.Illumion.net
http://www.sote.nl

Duke of Metal

« Reply #10 on: Time Format »

MikeB has an earlier Classic he bought in London years ago, it isn't "comfort routed" (I think they call it) to make it lighter and also has the original  tulip machine heads.  You have a nice set of Grover machine-heads on yours so you probably will never need locking MHs. The Classics also come in that nice brown leather case, I don't think other models do  :dunno: .
I have a custom shop Jimmy Page No 1 reissue JPLP (only 850 made in 2006), it's an authorised replica of his 59 LP he bought from Joe Walsh way back, Joe had had the neck shaved (really nice neck profile).  Jimmy put on a set of gold Grovers which mine has (as is a replica).

The 59 LPs have a few degrees more neck angle than the Classic.  Here they are side by side.
Those are beautiful guitars my friend.  very very nice.

I think it might be referred to as "chambered'. it provides weight relief to make them a bit lighter.

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
« Reply #11 on: Time Format »

Oh man, I love that Vee. Is it Korina?

The reason I ask; I have a Gibson Korina Explorer (painted blue) and an Epiphone Korina Vee. My 'E' fell off my headstock, so I tell everyone it's a piphone

Here are some pix. I modified it by changing all the electronics (switchcraft switch/jack/pots, Seymour Duncan Jazz/JB pickups, Tusq nut, Knee rest (stolen from my Steinberger - shhhhh), FEET! I made rubber feet with some adhesive back rubber. The guitar needs no stand!
« Last Edit: Time Format by Dante »

Duke of Metal

« Reply #12 on: Time Format »

Oh man, I love that Vee. Is it Korina?
Thanks Dante.  I am honestly not sure.. I'll look at the certificate when I have it with me next time.

The reason I ask; I have a Gibson Korina Explorer (painted blue) and an Epiphone Korina Vee. My 'E' fell off my headstock, so I tell everyone it's a piphone
LOL..

Here are some pix. I modified it by changing all the electronics (switchcraft switch/jack/pots, Seymour Duncan Jazz/JB pickups, Tusq nut, Knee rest (stolen from my Steinberger - shhhhh), FEET! I made rubber feet with some adhesive back rubber. The guitar needs no stand!
Should call it a pimpiphone. LOL

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #13 on: Time Format »

Those are beautiful guitars my friend.  very very nice.
I think it might be referred to as "chambered'. it provides weight relief to make them a bit lighter.
When I bought the JPLP, a colleague who was very into LPs asked me what comfort routing it had, I was a bit flummoxed as I hadn't heard of it.  Then it was the first guitar I'd bought in eons. Initially I was attracted to the top (beautiful tiger stripes), so I played it, and wow, it's the first LP I ever liked the neck.  Then I researched it a bit and discovered it's collectable, I've seen a signed one online for $32K.  Interestingly, while it's very heavy (not chambered), it's not uncomfortable to play, I played it for 3 hours(ish) a night for a few months with no shoulder issues.  Anyway, not to steel your thunder, you'll love your new Classic, it's a beauty  :whoohoo!:
Pages: [1]   Go Up