• Welcome to ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear.

WTB: MP1 Effects Return Jack

Started by red2203stack, January 11, 2019, 12:33:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

red2203stack

Looking for a replacement effects return jack for an MP1 in new or very good used condition. Anyone have one to spare?

Joe

bunkyloo

Was just going to suggest MJMP website but it appears to be an obsolete part from what I can see. This may be a problem :facepalm:

red2203stack

Yep, I emailed MJMP. No luck. He did give the part number. MJ-188LP-8 made by Pro Signal. Cany find one anywhere.

bunkyloo

Looks like these guys may have it if its not a mistake. http://fr.components-mall.com/product/detail/pro-signal/mj-188lp-8.html   
Steve

Kim

Another source to poke around in:

https://www.tubesandmore.com/products/jacks_plugs

There's some jacks in there that certainly look like the ones used in the MP-1, but you'd have to research the specs to make sure.    As another possible last resort... if the particular jack you need simply cannot be found, consider using a different jack that would still physically fit in the space needed and handwiring it to the board.   If there's a way you can do this, the MP-1 will not be "Stock" but will be functional.

Attached are pics of an example of an MP-1 getting different jacks than what it came with.   

red2203stack

Steve, I think thats an old website. Emailed to confim availability and never got a reply.

Kim, I"ll try tubesandmore again. Looks like they had some of the other jacks but not the effexts return. The original one is 6 pin and still works but has been supper glued at the nut. I never use the effects loop anyways but was gonna try to fix it while under the hood for a cap job. 

Thanks for the replies,
Joe

bunkyloo

Ok there is also studiosoundelectronics.com  I think there in Phoenix AZ. I am in southern California. Today I found a 9 pin that looks identical to that one look over all the jacks I believe its made by Jayco maybe same part different manufacturer. check it out I think its a winner I bought parts before from them.
Steve

MarshallJMP

They (studiosoundelectronics.com  ) seem to have the return jack (JACK, 9-PIN Low Profile)

red2203stack

Yea, looks like studiosoundelectronics has it. Thanks for the help.