Let's Get Technical > Troubleshooting Problems

ADA MPC Midi Controller display isn't working correctly - power issue?

(1/3) > >>

dbjacobson2112:
I recently bought an ADA Tribtube 75 and then just rec'd an ADA MPC  Midi Controller off eBay which I rec'd today.   I connected the MPC to the amp using a 7 pin phantom power midi cable.  Unfortunately, the  display isn't working correctly.  It says ADA then starts blinking but when I step on various number switches it never settles on a number

I made a short 1 minute video of what the display does when powered up.  http://youtu.be/OH55M1tYuuk

Any idea what is causing this issue - is it a power supply problem or an MPC issue?

I have not tried a power supply yet....  Can a typical Boss PSA 120 9 volt adapter work or does the MPC have the opposite polarity on it's 9 volt adapters?

Thanks for your help

MarshallJMP:
Well i would try an external adaptor and see if that work.You will need at least one that can deliver 200mA.A boss should normally work,the center pin has to be negative.The MPC has a build protection for reversed polarity so you can't damage it by trying.Or you can also use a 9V AC (not a DC like the Boss) adaptor,this way the polarity is always good.

Try it and let us know.

RandallRG:
X2 with Marshall...Try a Power Supply.  :thumb-up:

dbjacobson2112:
THE WEIRD question is: would a power supply issue cause the display to light up but cycle out of control ?  my gut says it wouldn't work at all. i.e. no display at all

MarshallJMP:
It could be but i also doubt it,but give it a try anyway,you never know.It seems like the software isn't running correctly.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version