Let's Get Technical > Troubleshooting Problems

Rack grounding?

<< < (2/6) > >>

rabidgerry:
Only walwarts I'm using are official Boss units.

I have heard cheaper ones or damaged ones making noise before.

Georgeclooney0:
Thanks for the replies guys. I slapped myself on the forehead a couple of times as soon as I started reading. I didnt even think about the units touching each other via the rack.  I guess it's not a problem until it is. I'm sure if a fault was coming inside one of the units this could def become an issue. Well that's good to know. Speaking of noise.... I was running some pedals off of a cheap surge protector and had a good bit of noise from the mp-1. That was when I first got it and I thought it was just noisy. I have it racked now with no pedals and everything plugged into the furman. The thing is really quiet now, at least at low volumes, haven't had a chance to crank it!

Georgeclooney0:
On second thoughts I now have a noise gate in between the guitar and the mp-1. I think that may be what's doing the trick, I just opened it up and the noise is back.

rabidgerry:
You shouldn't need a noise gate between guitar and MP1, that's a bit unusual to have one there (to me anyway).  If this has cleared up the noise then this would imply that there is noise before the MP1 and then what is happening is the MP1 is amplifying that noise and making it worse.

Mind you you are using a compressor before it, so that may be causing excess noise, but then a noise gate after the mp1 should clear that up anyways.

Soloist:
Having the noise gate between the guitar and Mp1 taking out the noise would imply that you are getting noise from the guitar pick ups. I run a gate before my mp1 as well because I put all my od's in the gates loop.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version