ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need a Schematic? Check the Vault *MP-1 Classic Schematics Just Added!!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC1 resend pc?  (Read 7165 times)

Hunter

MC1 resend pc?
« on: Time Format »

Hello,
Can anyone verify that their MC1 won't send the same program change again after it has switched to that program until the program is changed again? On all of my midi controllers before when I wanted to clear any effects turned on in the patch, I just hit the same switch again to reload the program but the MC1 that I have doesn't send it again. I checked and it isn't even sending any signal the second time. I find it odd compared to every other midi controller I have had before.
Thanks,
Hunter

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
Re: MC1 resend pc?
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Hey Hunter, IIRC that is correct, the MC1 sends the patch change when first selected and subsequent presses of the same button/patch are ignored. The MC1 is a very early midi switch, they probably thought why send the change again when it's already there. I seem to remember occasionally having to change to another patch and back (e.g. if you forgot to turn a FX unit on initially, then turn it on and want it on the same patch).
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

Just hooked my mc-1 to my pc and checked in bome sendsx,it only sends one time if it's the same number.Also tested the ADA MXC and these resend the info,so if I push 1 5 times it will send it 5 times.So it seems there's nothing wrong with your MC-1.

Hunter

« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

Thanks guys, I appreciate you checking it out for me. I bought this unit off of ebay to augment my Rocktron Midi Raider, thinking I would use it for program changes and the MR for control changes. It's useless to me without being able to reset a patch to default so it's back to the drawing board. There isn't a decent cheap midi board out there for this solution at all and it's frustrating. I have a Rolls Midi Buddy that works fine for this but the switches are too sensitive and easily triggered by my big feet so I'm toying with the idea of replacing them with metal switches like someone did to their MC1 on here.
Thanks,
Hunter

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

MikeB has had success with the Behringer FC which are very versatile and not too expensive. There's a bunch of posts elsewhere here about it. It's got nice big switches and 2 CC pedals.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

MikeB

« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

Yep. The fcb1010 will do what you want. Whether or not you want it to send the same PC message twice is a programmable feature.
I don't feel tardy!

Hunter

« Reply #6 on: Time Format »

Thanks but I already have a Rocktron Midi Raider and am looking for something small to augment it. I have had a couple of Behringer FCB's over the years and they are good footboards but are huge. I just need a small 5 or 10 switch board to put in front of my midi raider, kind of like Alex Lifeson does on his current pedalboard but without costing the thousands his did. The MC1 was a little bigger than I wanted but would have worked well if it had worked like I needed it to.
Disaster Area Designs has one that is close but a little too small and expensive for 6 switches.
Pages: [1]   Go Up