• Welcome to ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear.

Hi - from NC

Started by BowlingSuperior, June 26, 2023, 11:08:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BowlingSuperior

Hello everyone! I am here to learn about the MP-1 preamp, specifically modification and maintenance tips! I am a amp collector junkie who likes to dabble in old tube and SS equipment, and the ADA amplifier equipment looks intriguing!

Dante

Welcome to the Depot!!  :wave:

If you have questions, we have answers, if you have answers, we have questions. haha

Nice to have you along

Dante

rnolan

Hey BowlingSuperior, Welcome to the Depot  :thumb-up: :wave:   Sounds like you'll enjoy tinkering with a MP-1, it has tube, SS and digital (midi) program control.  First question, do you have one to work on/with?
Cheers R
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Harley Hexxe

Quote from: Dante on June 26, 2023, 06:23:51 PM

If you have questions, we have answers, if you have answers, we have questions. haha

Nice to have you along

Dante

What Dante said. Welcome to the Depot :thumb-up:
I only have two brain cells left, ...and I'm saving them for the weekend!

MarshallJMP

Quote from: Harley Hexxe on June 27, 2023, 01:11:34 PM
Quote from: Dante on June 26, 2023, 06:23:51 PM

Nice to have you along

Dante

What Dante said. Welcome to the Depot :thumb-up:

+1 :thumb-up:

David Drake

While being no heavy weight 'round here, I have both a 1.38 and a 2.01 version of this preamp and I have yet to upgrade anything period. The 2.01 is up on the (I want to compare the upgrades to the OG 1.38 and the 2.01 midi functions but in my mind the 1.38 is not up for altering) I think it sounds better_ I know it shouldn't (this upgrade doesn't address the sound of the preamp just the midi syntax control of the unit) but to my ears (and a few pros like Paul Gilbert) the 1.38 sounds superior(?). In a nutshell let me plead that you learn the true limits of this beast before doing any upgrade other than an upgrade to the caps and such. This beast is capable of probably doing what you want but you have to know to woo her. ;)