ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note "Depot New Registrations Temporarily Suspended" Please see discussions for how to register.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone Remember Me?  (Read 7549 times)

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
Re: Anyone Remember Me?
« Reply #15 on: Time Format »

Hey Harley,

Welcome back to the Depot  8)
Greetings from the low end  :banana-guitar:

Hey Peter!

Good to see you're still here :thumb-up: :waving-banana-smiley-emoticon
I only have two brain cells left, ...and I'm saving them for the weekend!

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #16 on: Time Format »

Welcome back Harley!

You know what?
The Depot is a Sanctuary and the guys here became true friends, since I bought my MP-1 in 2016 and started posting.
You, Phil, Dante, Richard...I learned a lot from you all about ADA stuff and music, more generally speaking.
It would be great to have one week to spend together somewhere, drinking beer and playing guitars very, very loudly!

I've read about you're last tribulations and yes....this year has been very complicated for many reasons.
I feel lucky...I've a job, I can do it remotely...my wife can do the same....we have a home to stay safe.
Very, very lucky.
But, at the end, we start back talking about guitars and ADA stuff and amps and tubes...and all the troubles are gone away: we're the same, old bunch of old stuff addicted!

You know, that's very true, the Depot is a community like no other on the internet.
We all have a great respect for each other's talents as well as each other's knowledge, which we share with each other here, and in turn, we've become a very well-informed community on ADA gear and how to use it.
I think it would be grand to have a get together and down a few brews and jam, but realistically, with all that's going on in our lives and all over the world...well, let's see what happens. Life throws me peppers, so I learned to make hot sauce.

My tribulations are nothing more than potholes in the highway of life, you ride over them when you can't avoid them and keep moving. I'm glad you and your family are staying safe. I keep to myself here so I'm relatively safe. There were a few other things that happened since I went missing from the Depot. Namely, I walked out of Alcoa where I was working at that time. I got fed up with working for A-holes!

After that, I went to work for myself driving for Lyft for about 6 months, which was fun, and kind of weird at times :crazy: Man! You meet some of the goofiest people at airports. Oh, and when it's time to take the drunks home from the bars at closing time, well, don't get me started  :lol:
That went on until some uninsured girl in a pickup ran a red light and hit my car. I had to pay for that myself. :facepalm:
Insurance companies are nothing more than modern day racketeers literally!
After that, I went to work at an Amazon fulfillment center in Cleveland for about 8 months, good money, but too many stupid people. I left there and eventually wound up where I am now, so I'm not complaining. Things have a way of coming around to something better.
Since I've left Alcoa, I've started feeling better about myself, and because of that, I think the time was right to come back here. The Depot is a place I've always felt comfortable.

Maybe it's about time for a Quarantine Jam?

Harley 8)

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #17 on: Time Format »

Dante,

I can understand your dilemma. Personally, where the 1st tone pot is, is not really a good place for the volume for me because the whammy bar is in the way. That's my beef with the MIK Fender Showmaster guitars. The volume pots are right under the bar. I moved the volume pot on one of them to the bottom where the tone was originally, and that works a little better. but I do like having my volume under the bridge pickup, it so much easier to use my pinky to roll back, or roll up the volume. That's just me though. A lot of players have the same issue as you do about that, and once in a while, I even hit it by mistake, but nothing is perfect.

By the way, those MIK guitars are like yours, controls come through the wood, but I'm still thinking about drilling a hole for a volume pot closer to where I'd like it to be. It'll probably piss off some of the purists, so what! You have to break a few eggs to make an omelette.

If it works for you...GO FOR IT :thumb-up:

Harley 8)

Peter H. Boer

• 2* MB-1 1*MP-1 + Jur's old Mod4Mk2
    • The Granny Attic
« Reply #18 on: Time Format »

Hey Harley,

Welcome back to the Depot  8)
Greetings from the low end  :banana-guitar:

Hey Peter!

Good to see you're still here :thumb-up: :waving-banana-smiley-emoticon

Well, somebody has to be the designated bassplayer in the Jams, right?  C:-)
Nothing beats MB-1s and MP-1s with MDRTs

http://www.thegrannyattic.com
http://www.Illumion.net
http://www.sote.nl

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
« Reply #19 on: Time Format »

My Ibanez fat Strat is MIK too - great build quality, super lightweight.

Iperfungus

• Methodical killers do good jobs!
« Reply #20 on: Time Format »

I share your point of view Harley.
In the Depot there's a great respect for other people's issues as well and everyone does the best to help in the way we can (MJMP being the most effective  :lol:).

2019 has been a very complicated year for me and 2020 even worst, for many reasons.
About 2021, I won't tell.  :lol:
I was reading about you and Dante's losses (my sincere condolences, mate!) and thinking that it doesn't matter what happens to us: until we're alive and kicking, we've the Depot and friends in this place to find incomparable moments of peace and forget our troubles for a while.

I agree with you, meeting looks more difficult than landing on Mars.
But the Quarantine Jam could be a good idea.

Let's ask Leon to join the madness!
« Last Edit: Time Format by Iperfungus »
On the run again!

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #21 on: Time Format »

Well, somebody has to be the designated bassplayer in the Jams, right?  C:-)

Peter,
   Even if you only played the guitar, it's still good to see you here  :banana:

Harley 8)

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #22 on: Time Format »

Dante,
  What model is that? I didn't know Ibanez was sub-contracting to Korea.

I agree about Korean craftsmanship, it's a head and shoulders above what you usually see from China. In the case of my Fender guitars, they were a limited run, and discontinued around 2005-2006. Not really light guitars though,
   Set neck construction, with what appears to be a carved top of some kind of exotic wood, but in reality, very cleverly built up to simulate a carved top with a thin veneer glued on top.
   Usually a mahogany neck glued to a basswood body, but my S-S-S model has mahogany neck and body. That one is definitely not light.

Hardware and electronics on those guitar are junk though, even though they came with Duncan pups. Like the Cyber Twin, these guitars sound thin and lifeless off the shelf. I think it was a phase Fender was going through at that time to make everything they had sound wimpy.

Harley 8)

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #23 on: Time Format »

In the Depot there's a great respect for other people's issues as well and everyone does the best to help in the way we can (MJMP being the most effective  :lol:).

2019 has been a very complicated year for me and 2020 even worst, for many reasons.
I was reading about you and Dante's losses (my sincere condolences, mate!) and thinking that it doesn't matter what happens to us: until we're alive and kicking, we've the Depot and friends in this place to find incomparable moments of peace and forget our troubles for a while.

Iperfungus,

MJMP is in high demand! :bow:

I think the last couple of years has been a roller coaster ride for a lot of people, but we'll get through it. I regret hearing it's been a rough ride for you too, I do hope things begin to improve. That's what I'm doing with myself. Trying to keep a positive outlook and look forward to better things, and when I can, help them along in some small way. That's what gets me out of bed in the morning.

Yeah a Quarantine Jam would be kind of fun, definitely a break in the routine. Of course invite Leon! He's a terrific player.  :headbanger:
     While we're at it, invite everyone, and let's have fun with it.

Harley 8)

Peter H. Boer

• 2* MB-1 1*MP-1 + Jur's old Mod4Mk2
    • The Granny Attic
« Reply #24 on: Time Format »

Yeah a Quarantine Jam would be kind of fun, definitely a break in the routine. Of course invite Leon! He's a terrific player.  :headbanger:
     While we're at it, invite everyone, and let's have fun with it.

Harley 8)

Count me in  :banana-guitar:
Nothing beats MB-1s and MP-1s with MDRTs

http://www.thegrannyattic.com
http://www.Illumion.net
http://www.sote.nl

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #25 on: Time Format »

Dante,
  What model is that? I didn't know Ibanez was sub-contracting to Korea.

I agree about Korean craftsmanship, it's a head and shoulders above what you usually see from China. In the case of my Fender guitars, they were a limited run, and discontinued around 2005-2006. Not really light guitars though,
   Set neck construction, with what appears to be a carved top of some kind of exotic wood, but in reality, very cleverly built up to simulate a carved top with a thin veneer glued on top.
   Usually a mahogany neck glued to a basswood body, but my S-S-S model has mahogany neck and body. That one is definitely not light.

Hardware and electronics on those guitar are junk though, even though they came with Duncan pups. Like the Cyber Twin, these guitars sound thin and lifeless off the shelf. I think it was a phase Fender was going through at that time to make everything they had sound wimpy.

Harley 8)

I believe it's an SAS something...Set neck, smoooooth heel in the back, thin veneer top like yours too. Abalone binding, abalone dot markers. I swapped out the electronics, only kept the original single coils (they are very Stratty - quack). BTW: my Goldtop was also built in Korea - 2006.
« Last Edit: Time Format by Dante »

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #26 on: Time Format »

Somebody told me that you have a 100% success rate for all the shit life has thrown at you. That has kept me going...simple words of encouragement that can go a long way.

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #27 on: Time Format »

Yeah a jam would be a nice break from all this misery  :thumb-up:

It would be really great if Leon could join. He is really good player and he has a LOT of gear.

Iperfungus

« Reply #28 on: Time Format »

Yeah a jam would be a nice break from all this misery  :thumb-up:

Yes...but nothing sweeter than Slayer!  :headbanger:
On the run again!

Iperfungus

« Reply #29 on: Time Format »

Somebody told me that you have a 100% success rate for all the shit life has thrown at you. That has kept me going...simple words of encouragement that can go a long way.

f**king right, mate!
Resilience is called.

There's a lot of resilient people here.

Nice piece of wood!  :thumb-up:
« Last Edit: Time Format by Iperfungus »
On the run again!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up