ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note "Depot New Registrations Temporarily Suspended" Please see discussions for how to register.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Two Notes Torpedo CAB/Wall Of Sound tips  (Read 10148 times)

El Chiguete

So I downloaded the Two Notes Torpedo Wall Of Sound software and my intentions is to record straight from the rack and used the power amp and speaker simulation on this software to add realness to the recording. Any tips of what settings to use on the software? What speaker cab would you recomend me to buy for a straight good rock sound?

PS:
Dante maybe there should be a new sub-forum just to showcase recordings?
Before you see the light, you must die!!!

'87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
'81 Kramer Pacer Standard
custom made Les Paul
ADA MP1
Rane MPE 28
Lexicon MPX-G2
Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!

AFFA
Support Your Local 81

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
Re: Two Notes Torpedo CAB/Wall Of Sound tips
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

There was a recoding section on the previous forum. would be good to have a section for it.
I'm not familiar with that software so can't help other than general ideas.  A pair of ADA split stacks sound good if you can find them.  There are so many speaker cab and speaker combinations which all (no doubt) have their pros and cons.  Basic choice though is sealed or open back.  The MP1 (and MP2) sounds better in stereo so 2 cabs or a stereo quad box makes sense.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

brianiac5150

• This Hate of Mine
« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

WoSIII has a boat load of cab and mic'ing options.  It's really a matter of playing around with it.  It can be very simple to use and get really deep, quickly.  My setup has ADA MP-1 OUT 2 > BBE 482i > MIXER INPUT > Eleven Rack LINE INPUT.  I select whichever LINE INPUT side I have my mixer panned to for this input as the recording track's input in my DAW (Pro Tools for me), instantiate WoSIII and start having fun.

Of course, all of this is fun with just guitar, however, it's an extremely useful tool within a mix.

It also poses the challenge of just finding a sound and pressing RECORD.

Options, options, options...
THoM Faceb**k
ADA MP-1 Original

McLeanAB

• Adam's Music
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

I played around with the free Two Notes Torpedo... very limited addition, but man it's a tweaker's delight!  Very high quality and very (I hate the word) "realistic."

Too much for me... I just stick with my cab sims on the Lexicon MPX-G2 and my Rocktron Xpression.  I'm old school...
-Adam
ISP Theta Preamp, ISP Theta PRO, ISP Theta Combo and Vector 2x12 with Celestion Alnico Creams, and Charvel Wildcards with EMGs!

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

Options, options, options...
I know what you mean, when do you say, stop ok it's the sound I want...
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

brianiac5150

• This Hate of Mine
« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

That has been a challenge, however, I have gotten to the point where I can do that.  What's extremely nice is being able to track with something and then - if it becomes an issue - come back and mod' the WoS plug in the mix, as opposed to go to an EQ.  It's all about tools at that point.
THoM Faceb**k
ADA MP-1 Original
Pages: [1]   Go Up