• Welcome to ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear.

News:

Need a Schematic? Check the Vault *MP-1 Classic Schematics Just Added!!

Main Menu

Tone Control EQ Freqs

Started by Kim, February 12, 2016, 06:28:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kim

Anyone know what the Lo, Mid, Hi, and Pres EQ frequencies are in the MP-2 Tone Controls?  The manual I have doesn't say.....

rnolan

According to this (http://web.archive.org/web/20040422213430/http://adadepot.com/adagear/gearpages/preamps/ADA-MP-2.htm) Q and centre freq move around depending on voice.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Kim

Well that's no help then.  ;)   But thanks for reminding me of that info.    I guess I just wanted to know how the frequencies of the Tone Controls get on with the listed Graphic EQ frequencies.  Seems silly that they might feature the same frequencies as each other (if indeed they do)

MarshallJMP

The MP-2 (and also the classic) have 2 different tone controls depending on the voicing you choose.One is for clean sounds and one for the dirty sounds.If you realy want i could try to calculate them?

Kim

Quote from: MarshallJMP on February 13, 2016, 07:16:01 PM
The MP-2 (and also the classic) have 2 different tone controls depending on the voicing you choose.One is for clean sounds and one for the dirty sounds.If you realy want i could try to calculate them?

If it's not too much trouble.  I think it would be some helpful info to have available, especially for recording/mixing purposes.  Thanks!  :bow:

rnolan

Quote from: Kim on February 13, 2016, 08:32:00 PM
Quote from: MarshallJMP on February 13, 2016, 07:16:01 PM

If it's not too much trouble.  I think it would be some helpful info to have available, especially for recording/mixing purposes.  Thanks!  :bow:
+1  :thumb-up:
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

MarshallJMP

For the dirty controls

Bass 80Hz
Mid 800Hz
Treble 3.5kHz
Presence 4kHz

Kim

Thank you MJMP!     Seems at least 800Hz is indeed shared by the Tone Control and Graphic EQ. 

I became interested in this while setting up my MP-2 main presets into my QuadTube, and finding that what I hear and feel from my rig at rehearsal isn't the same as what is going on in my home studio.  Obviously, there's a huge difference in volume and the speakers being used, so I may need to re-evaluate my home settings. 

MarshallJMP

No problem Kim,if you want i can also calculate the clean freq's?

Kim

Sure!  Then both info can be archived/sticky'd for future use.   Thanks again!   :bow:

Dante

Hell Yeah! Great idea, Kimmer and THANKS to MJMP for figuring this out!

MarshallJMP

MarshallJMP

Kim,i did some more precise calculations voor the dirty tone controls

Bass;            74 Hz Q=0.8
Mid;            822 Hz Q=1.11
Treble;      3171 Hz Q=0.9
Presence;  3284 Hz Q=0.49

El Chiguete

Treble and Presence so close together???
Before you see the light, you must die!!!

'87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
'81 Kramer Pacer Standard
custom made Les Paul
ADA MP1
Rane MPE 28
Lexicon MPX-G2
Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!

AFFA
Support Your Local 81

MarshallJMP

Yes they are,but you see a difference in the Q factor or bandwith of the filter.The Q factor of the presence is almost half of the Q factor of the treble which means the bandwith is almost double.