ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need a Schematic? Check the Vault *MP-1 Classic Schematics Just Added!!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thought I would share this Folks  (Read 2178 times)

DannyjoeCarter

• Dannyjoe Carter
Thought I would share this Folks
« on: Time Format »

Hey Folks I was talking with Richard about this - this little guy is my main preamp! It's called the Mooer Micro Preamp 009 Black Knight and I run it into my QuadraVerb GT for a slight eq ( I drop the 4k because it's a little bright ) and add a little delay then straight into the Marshall Dual Mono block power amp!

You guys should seriously check one of these out! For only $89.00 +/- depending where you live or buy from from.

Here's what Mooer says about these preamp pedals:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

009 Blacknight

MOOER micro preamps are sonically accurate digital recreations of the preamp sections of popular tube amplifiers. We have developed these by directly analyzing real tube amplifiers using a brand new technology to capture their sound, dynamics and response. Each Micro Preamp comes complete with dual channels, integrated speaker cabinet simulation and dual operating modes to suit the needs of all users.

Initially we are releasing a set of 10 models, each based on a different popular tube amplifier from a range of manufacturers. These have been designed to be used with the upcoming MOOER power amp or in the effects return of any standard guitar amplifier. The speaker cab simulation allows the user to connect direct to a soundcard, powered monitor or P.A. without the need for a guitar amp or speaker cab at all.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So it seems to me they have basically used the Kemper style technology to have captured these sounds. This little pedals sounds, feels and plays as well as responds like the actual tube head! A close friend own the Engl Savage, which is what Blackmore used for 4 years before he had Engl make a few tweaks, and this Black Knight really does sound like that Head! Now of coarse it doesn't hurt that I have the top of the line Marshall power amp but I will tell you guys you need to check these Mooer pedals out for yourselves!  :thumb-up:

Just thought I'd share this with you Folks and if any of you have the chance let us know what you think!  :banana:

Owner of DeJayce Guitars
www.dejayce-guitars.com
www.youtube.com/dannyjoecarter
www.Faceb**k.com/dannyjoe.carter

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
Re: Thought I would share this Folks
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Hey DJC, looks really interesting to try, so, in some ways, this is reversing the paradigm a bit, ie tube preamp > SS amp, so now SS preamp > tube power amp LoL.  Well you are certainly someone who knows their tones, so definitely worth checking out, I feel a trip to the music store coming on (dangerous LoL).
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

vansinn

Re: Thought I would share this Folks
« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

For sure, it, and the other models do sound pretty good.

Just checked out their line of absolutely fully identical pedals - except for the parameter file in 'em.
I just tend to dislike it when money's being made from develop it once, load it with parameters, and don't offer any ways of loading-in new definitions.

As a comparison, I prefer the Two Notes pedals, which likewise aren't loadable, but stores settings and are MIDI PC switchable ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up