ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note "Depot New Registrations Temporarily Suspended" Please see discussions for how to register.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Klonz Labs guitar: The only Full Tube, 100% Analogue, Modelling Guitar Amplifier  (Read 5977 times)

El Chiguete

I came across this thru a Faceb**k group Im in and I was just thinking "would this be a latter product that ADA would of come out.. or maybe should do now!!!". Of course no idea how it sound but the concept is like a modern and simplier idea of what an old ADA preamp is all about.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/870918342/guitarists-heres-the-real-thing?ref=video
Before you see the light, you must die!!!

'87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
'81 Kramer Pacer Standard
custom made Les Paul
ADA MP1
Rane MPE 28
Lexicon MPX-G2
Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!

AFFA
Support Your Local 81

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net

Finally someone with a good idea!!! :thumb-up:

BUT i see somethings are missing,they only seem to do some tone shaping,you can't alter the tonesettings nor the gain via midi or smartphone.You will have to do that manually with the pots.
« Last Edit: Time Format by MarshallJMP »

El Chiguete

I want to ask that but they blocked yotube here today at work jeje Because if you save presets you have to see the settings somewhere to know how to change it latter.
Before you see the light, you must die!!!

'87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
'81 Kramer Pacer Standard
custom made Les Paul
ADA MP1
Rane MPE 28
Lexicon MPX-G2
Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!

AFFA
Support Your Local 81

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member

I like the idea, but as MJMP said, no program patching options ? or do they ?? (doesn't look like they can). I notice they left rack guit preamps out of their intro. Seems they've focused on aspects of modeling setups, trying to mimic what the original amps did and how they did it (hey and all kudos to them), but a high end modelling preamp has all the bells and whistles like every FX under the sun and (albeit digitally) all the preamps and power amp cab combinations.

It wouldn't be a later product from ADA IMO as the ADA preamps are light years ahead from an analogue preamp perspective, changing all the preamp settings (and some FX) at the touch of a button.

Like how would I get a solo boost from this thing ? And El as you say if you save a combination, where to (phone app?). If on the other hand it can adjust preamp settings via midi/app, then it would be quite usable, but oh, not in stereo.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook

Line 6 have an all tube amp and they have done for some time.  It's meant to be programmable and all that nonsense like their regular amp modeling stuff but in a head format and with tubes in both power and pre section.

I wouldn't buy any of this bullshit to be honest.  I'm sure it's good, but so is everything I'm using currently so why would I swap?
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member

Line 6 have an all tube amp and they have done for some time.  It's meant to be programmable and all that nonsense like their regular amp modeling stuff but in a head format and with tubes in both power and pre section.

I wouldn't buy any of this bullshit to be honest.  I'm sure it's good, but so is everything I'm using currently so why would I swap?
+1  :thumb-up:

GuitarBuilder

Interesting idea, but not versatile enough.  To call it a modeling amp is definitely not right.  I find it hard to believe they can emulate all the amps listed with just two basic pre-amp modules.
ADA and Rockman Heads
Marshall amps
Strats and Les Pauls

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member

Interesting idea, but not versatile enough.  To call it a modeling amp is definitely not right.  I find it hard to believe they can emulate all the amps listed with just two basic pre-amp modules.
Well I haven't seen their list (and being very happy with my MP2s (which seem to be breeding LoL)) but 2 preamp modules IMO could do the trick.  In the case of MP1/2 you can get all the sounds IMO (apart from FX), but what I found was you can get even better sounds than all the stuff they're capable of emulating (not taking into account speaker and power amp simulations and the gazillion ways they can be put together).  And while it's great to try to do this or that with the gear, it still comes down to what you put in (playing/fingers/attitude, guitar, PUs). I can get a decent usable sound from most gadgets, ADA MP1/2 gives me the sound stage I want to make "my sound" (and the others as I've needed to in various bands).
Pages: [1]   Go Up