ADA Preamps > MP-1 Classic

MP-1 Classic - All patches to SS

(1/3) > >>

Dante:
Whelp, here's a new one. I have a gig later tonight and wouldn't you know it, my Classic started doin weird shit last night. I literally moved it from the bedroom to the living room to go over some songs last night and when I got the rack plugged in - all my distortion was gone. No gain whatsoever. All patches.

The FX seem to be changing, the MP-1 Classic is changing patches, but they're all flat, dry, dead. This morning, I took out the tubes, they look brand new. I hit a patch that should be my rhythm crunch and checked the voicing - SOLID STATE. I know for a fact that should be the Brown channel. So, I switch it and my distortion is back!

All my patches are now reverted to Solid State and all my EQs are now FLAT. I lost all my settings.... What gives? Is my battery dying?

I saved one patch with distortion, shut the unit off, and turned it back on. It remembered the settings. So, I guess the battery is working, or at least intermittently. Or, I mysteriously just cleared the entire memory somehow. Grrr....

I'll bring the Viper to the gig tonight

Kim:
It sure wouldn't hurt to replace the battery that's been in there for the last 20 years.  I'd start with that and see how it goes from there.  Seems weird that a dodgy battery could cause what you described but Quickest, Easiest, Cheapest option > pulling your hair out before finding that did it.  :hair-out:

Dante:
That's what I was thinking too... How does that battery come out? It looks like it's just slid into two prongs, but when I try to budge it.... it's attached. Do I have to desolder that?

Griphook:
AFAIK, the battery is soldered to the PCB. So its hould be the same procedure as the Battery Mod for the MP-1.
Maybe MJMP can clarify this.

Systematic Chaos:

--- Quote from: Griphook on August 18, 2018, 03:57:46 PM ---AFAIK, the battery is soldered to the PCB. So its hould be the same procedure as the Battery Mod for the MP-1.

--- End quote ---
^This. CR2032 battery, pcb mount clip battery holder. 5mins of (de-)soldering.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version