ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Let us never forget our beloved founder - RIP Jurrie, we all miss you very much

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Has this ever happened to you?  (Read 8712 times)

Soloist

• Take No Prisoners...Take No Sh!t
Has this ever happened to you?
« on: Time Format »

Ok,  so we had a three night gig at the same location.  Night one went great. Now on night two my rig sounded like absolute shit, nothing changed venue wise or settings wise. Night three it sounded great again. WTF? What I mean by sounding like shit is one patch had too much top end while another had too much bottom end. Still scratching my noodle on this, any ideas?
Live Rig:
Fractal Audio FM3 ver 1.06
Boss GT 100 ver.2.11
Switching- Radial Engineering Big Shot I/O v2 - Radial Engineering Pro D2 Stereo Direct Box
Power - Live Wire Power Conditioning Distribution System
Monitors  - (2) FRFR-112 Headrush Stage monitors
Axes - Charvel So Cal Pro Mod-Jackson DK2MQ Pro-Jackson USA Soloist-Ibanez RG3XXV
ADA gear: MP1- MP2 - MT200
Studio gear- way too much to list.

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
Re: Has this ever happened to you?
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

That happens to me when I start editing a patch in my FX device, without saving it, then I switch patches with my foot pedal  (changing the preamp patch) without realizing that my FX unit is still on the last patch. That makes my EQ and Volume settings all wonky.

Could that be it? Did you start to edit a patch in another piece of gear and leave it on the wrong setting?

Soloist

« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

I could totally see that happening, however not this time. I made no changes to any patches. I have every patch preamp and fx unit programmed into my midi switcher. What's really strange is I was using a dry patch no fx other than a noise gate. Both fx units were on bypass. Matter of fact I was using your metal preset for the MP2. I really like it. Strange that it was fine, then not, then fine again. I wonder if it's an issue with the MP2 or a power amp issue? Seems to be intermittent.  :dunno:
Live Rig:
Boss GT 100 ver.2.11
Switching- Radial Engineering Big Shot I/O v2 - Radial Engineering Pro D2 Stereo Direct Box
Axes - Charvel So Cal Pro Mod-Jackson DK2MQ Pro-Jackson USA Soloist-Ibanez RG3XXV

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

Try a process of elimination. Use a different power amp, see if it still happens. Then, try running direct, it could be between the Stage outs and not the Recording outs. I'm sure others will chime in here to try other things. See if you can isolate the root of the problem (preamp, or cord, or power amp, or whatever). I just wanna make sure it is actually the PREAMP that's the problem

I feared the worst for my preamp and my problem was in the shitty power supply in my rack for the phantom power in my pedal

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

Always hard these ones... do you have presence (turned up) on the power amp ? ~ clean pots (or just give it a good to and fro)
How's the power at the gig ? MP-2s cab be a bit funny when power isn't good

Actually, it just dawned on me  :dunno: , give the "room" eq knob on the MP-2 a spin (and clean when you can), what you are describing sounds like something similar to what I've experienced before and that's what it was.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

Airpressure, humidity, temperature? Those can have an influence on the sound sometimes.

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook
« Reply #6 on: Time Format »

This may be totally unrelated but I've played certain venues many many times and the sound will be different each time.  It makes me very upset  >:(

Another example would be our practice room, the bass guitar sounds different and shit weekly!!  I constantly change the bassist settings, no idea why I have to do this.  My guitar setting aren't changing unless I come up with a new patch and I haven't done that in a while.  Particularly with the Rockmaster pre.  It's set and forget for me and the only thing that changes is the actual effetcs I'm using.  But for the sake of this discussion say I use the same few patches eveyr week, and yet every week I seem to need to change the bass.  No atual fault with the gear, but some other phenomena.

Sometimes I get random issues also like one side of my one of my rocktron poweramps has intermittent EQ knobs and I don't know if the pots will need replacing or what (if I jiggle them etc I can get them to work correctly but they will drop in and out).  Anyways this issue caused me to think there was an issue with the speakers in my cabs.  Totally sent me off on a wild goose chase.

Another phantom isue I get sometimes is when I'm not warmed up and everything feels stiff to play and then I think I have lost distortion as the spongeyness isnt there or something when actually it's juts my own hands aren't ready to play!  Probably none of what you are experiencing Soloist but some similarities may be??
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

Iperfungus

• Methodical killers do good jobs!
« Reply #7 on: Time Format »

Airpressure, humidity, temperature? Those can have an influence on the sound sometimes.

Beer? Too much beer? too many beers???  :facepalm: :wave: :lol:
On the run again!

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #8 on: Time Format »

Beer? Too much beer? too many beers???  :facepalm: :wave: :lol:

Hahahahaha  :thumb-up:

Soloist

« Reply #9 on: Time Format »

More like not enough beer!
After an extensive process I have discovered a few issues which might be the cause:
Bad patch cable inside of rack going to the BBE maximizer.
Room eq on Mp2 needed cleaning.
Bad plug end on my wireless.
Hasn't happened again since I corrected these issues.  It may have been 1 or all the issues. Either way it's good to go now! :headbanger:
Thanks guys for your input. :thumb-up:
Live Rig:
Boss GT 100 ver.2.11

Iperfungus

• Methodical killers do good jobs!
« Reply #10 on: Time Format »

More like not enough beer!

:headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger:
On the run again!

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #11 on: Time Format »

« Last Edit: Time Format by Dante »

Soloist

« Reply #12 on: Time Format »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elqREC_N_O8

:thumb-up:
Live Rig:
Boss GT 100 ver.2.11

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook
« Reply #13 on: Time Format »

Hasn't happened again since I corrected these issues.  It may have been 1 or all the issues. Either way it's good to go now! :headbanger:
Thanks guys for your input. :thumb-up:

I bet it was mostly the bad patch cable
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010
Pages: [1]   Go Up