ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Temp "Time Format" issue Fix in Discussions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Quad Switch Wish List  (Read 7520 times)

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
Quad Switch Wish List
« on: Time Format »

I wish I could control my external FX (like the Quadraverb's reverb or delay) with the MP-2's Quad Switch. That would be cool. I have to settle for turning the FX loop on/off, which makes me begin with a dry signal :/ Or...I can use my little G-minor midi pedal directly into the Quadraverb, but then I have to power it, and run another midi cable...no good.

So, I have to dedicate a patch for each delay setting for now. I can use the Quad switch to control other things, like the compressor or EQ for a solo boost....that helps bridge the gap a bit.

In other news, I'll have an owners' manual posted on here very soon for the MXC expandable controller & midi pedal pack. I have the actual printed manual, I'll scan a nice clean PDF for everyone.

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
Re: Quad Switch Wish List
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Doesn't the quadraverb support midi cotrol change?I thought it did.Now if it does support it you can use the quad switch to control the QV.

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

Here's what the manual says:

The Quad sitch tells the MXC to send midi contoller messages to turn effects on and off. Each button on the quad switch has its own controller number. The defaults are as follows:

MXC Jack Used / Controller / Controller Number
Switch 1 / Button 1 / 64
Switch 1 / Button 2 / 65
Switch 1 / Button 3 / 66
Switch 1 / Button 4 / 67

Then, it says to 'refer to the manual for the midi receiving unit to find out how to assign controller numbers to its internal parameters.

So, I'll check out the Quadraverb manual to see if this is possible.

EDIT: After combing through the 113 page manual for the Quadraverb... There are ways to change the programs via midi (aka patch switching), but so far, no way to change individual FX in the programs (turning them on/off in a patch) I could just use more patches...but that's a pain.

I also thought about this; I can set the left/right delay times (or reverb times) independently in the Quadraverb, then send each mix into each of the FX loops in the MP-2. So, I could use each FX loop in the MP-2 independently, and edit the left/right channels of the Quadraverb with two separate delay (or reverb) settings - one for left, one for right. Run the left mix into loop A and the right mix into loop B = two delay settings per patch, switchable via the Quad switch.

I haven't tried it yet, wish me luck :)
« Last Edit: Time Format by Dante »

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

Hey Dante

Mail me the manual of the QV so i can take a look.I know there are at least 4 different QV models,which one do you have?

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

I have the original, but I upgraded the eprom to a QV+

Here's the manual

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

Amazing, how sometimes the answer comes to you when you simply stop thinking about it. When I woke up this morning, I had an idea. I figured I could still get some of what I need out of the Quad switch just be reconfiguring my existing patch map.

I have a few patches with a 'dry' and 'wet' variation, but using pretty much the same reverb. These two patches can be combined by simply using the Quad switch to turn the MP-2's chorus on/off. I just gained 4 patches right there :)

I can also use the Quad switch to turn the Effects Loop on/off, which gives me a few more free patches by combining my existing 'clean' and 'delayed' patches. I saved one patch with a quick delay, one with a long delay, and I still have a 'wild card' patch for specific songs that require that.

For now, here's how I have my Quad switch set up:
1 = F/X Loop in/out (allows for Clean/Delay)
2 = MP-2's Chorus in/out (Wet/Dry)
3 = MP-2's Compressor in/out (I use the Comp's gain as a solo boost)
4 = MP-2's Wah in/out (triggered for an Auto-Wah)

I had some difficulty getting the Quad switch to switch the F/X loop in/out using switch one, in the Pedal One jack (program #64). No matter what I did, it simply acted as a mute...I seem to remember it being set as a tuner mute by default, but I went through all the settings (including the program numbers) and it didn't work. I resolved this by plugging into the other pedal jack and using program #s 68-71.

EDIT: I found that CC #64 is the default Tuner Mute location, per the MP-2 owner's manual, page 49, bottom of the page.
« Last Edit: Time Format by Dante »

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #6 on: Time Format »

From what i can tell from this site http://www.ampl.nl/quadraverb/qv-plus.htm the plus should have midi control change ability.

From this site;

•Real-time control of 8 simultaneous parameters via MIDI (you pick the controller type and the parameter it controls).

In addition, the Quadraverb's extensive MIDI implementation has been greatly
 enhanced to include real-time parameter control of parameters

W.Laturno

« Reply #7 on: Time Format »

I use a Go-GO  in-line tuner that mutes the signal when I click to tune, so I already overwrote that Controller #64 - - free up the buttons . .  maybe you could too and then map it to control something on your Quadraverb....

just sayin....
Pages: [1]   Go Up