Non ADA Gear > Speakers & Cabinets

Modify your speaker cabinet to allow parallel coupling??? How?

(1/3) > >>

rabidgerry:
Hi guy's, I have been thinking about this for a while now due to some amplifiers only have single speaker outputs on the back of them.  I play in stereo so the amps I use will have a left and right.  However some amps will have dual left and right allowing more cabs to be hooked up and of course the load will change and the possibility of more volume becomes available.

Like say if I have an amp that can take 4ohms into one output, and I have 2 x 8ohm cabs, but I can only hook one up at a time there for only giving about half the output of what the amp is capable off, would there be any way that I could couple the cabs?  So they could run parallel into the one output?

I have often wondered if someone ever designed a speaker coupling box for this kind of purpose but I have never come across one.  So I figured if there is no device that does this for you is it possible to fit a cabinet with a coupling input that allowed your cab to have another cab run into it and therefore change the overall?

Anyone any ideas about this feel free to fire them down  :)

MarshallJMP:
There are some possibility's ,the easiest way is to add a jack in one of the speakers cabinets so you can daisy chain 2 cabs.Or you can use a small box with 3 jacks,one input and 2 outputs.And last you can add a jack in the power amp if possible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_HVgxUAVIU

rabidgerry:
What is the box option Marshall?  Are these for sale or would it be a device I would have to construct?  Suppose constructing would be easy enough.  Hell it would give me another project (do I have the bloody time though?).

I could even add a series parallel wiring switch hmmmmmm you got me thinking. 

MarshallJMP:
Well maybe you can buy something like that but you can also DIY,it's quite easy,a box and 3 jacks wired in parallel.

rabidgerry:
well this is failry easy to make on of these but palmer have already done it :)

http://www.palmer-germany.com/mi/en/CAB-M-Passive-Cabinet-Merger-PCABM.htm

I'm just going to buy it cause I'm lazy sometimes and it's cheap

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version